***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

Rice/Baylor email invites are out today

@dadofd do you know how many get interviews? Is it true that Rice/Baylor takes only six students?

does anyone know when RPI will come out?

DD got the invite for Rice Baylor Interview

I got rice baylor interview.

If I didnā€™t get an email for R/B, I can safely assume I didnā€™t get an interview right? :((

I think so. But no harm in calling Rice on Monday and get it confirmed. If my memory serves well, they did notify only students called for interview.

I thought they are already done with interviews and released decisions today. My DS didnā€™t apply.

@stresstasticlife

For Rice/Baylor: in state: 346/7/4 oos: 650/15/5

They sent emails to the people who got interviews today for Rice/ Baylor

How hard is it to get into Rice/Baylor after the interview?

Does anybody receive Rice/Baylor rejection email?

Do we get notified if we are rejected from Rice/Baylor?

Has anyone tried the RUC score to predict what their chances of getting an interview for NU HPME? wondering if itā€™s worth it? Thereā€™s one for the UMKC BA/MD program too.

Unfortunately, I didnā€™t receive an interview from HPME but thinking about trying it out in hindsight to see what it had predicted my chances were.

@hpmebound - RUC score seems like something defined by a company that offers BSMD prep services. one has to pay for getting their RUC score and all that the score helps with is to determine if they qualify for refund from the companyā€™s prep services if they donā€™t get BSMD interview. Nice marketing :slight_smile:

Iā€™d pass.

Edit: Correction, only the payment for the RUC score is refunded if they determine a student is a candidate for interview for a program, but the student is ultimately not invited to interview for the program.

so many acceptances! congrats everyone :slight_smile:

Guys, looking for insights into the comparison between RB and NW programsā€¦ Which one trumps the other given the reputation, duration, cost and locationā€¦

@hpmebound I did not apply to HPME when I was applying a few cycles ago, but I did use their interview calculator for UMKC (back then it was free to everyone and just called the UMKC interview calculator). I suspect RUC is a fancier version of what I usedā€¦ I found it helpful in doing exactly what it was intended to do ā€¦ that is predict my chances of receiving an interview invite from UMKC. At the time, it predicted I would have ~65% chance of getting one and Iā€™m a current student in the UMKC program now. I would consider it.

@Mom22DDs, Iā€™m not sure where you are getting your information but based on what Iā€™m reading, the RUC score has nothing to do with BSMD prep services or determining if one qualifies for a refund for prep services.

To quote directly "The RUCā„¢ Score for medical school is a proprietary measure used to assess a prospective applicantā€™s competitiveness for receiving an interview invite at their selected program. Using (removed company name) algorithms, an individualā€™s RUC Score can be reliably determined. If an applicantā€™s RUC score corresponds to a percent invite probability far below 50%, this ultimately suggests that their qualifications may not be a suitable fit for the given program and that their application may be ā€œscreenedā€ out.

Conversely, if a studentā€™s RUC Score corresponds to a percent invite probability greater than 90%, this suggests that the applicant is over qualified for the given program. As a result, the school may assume the applicant sees them as a ā€œsafetyā€ program and that the applicant wonā€™t attend if offered an interview. RUC scores should only be used as a guide to help prospective students select programs and are not a guarantee of acceptance to any program."

@BS_MD2017 what are RB and NW programs?

Rice Baylor and NW HPME programs