***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@ForPeople I agree with @srk2017 and @GoldenRock You should consider UT Austin or other traditional route.

@grtd2010 - if your DD is keen on Medicine, I would recommend Temple or Drexel over USC. I believe Temple has an interview in UG and it would be good to check if it is just a formality or a gating interview. If formality, Temple with full tuition would be the best option.

@Mom22DDs Thanks. Did your DD interviewed at OU ? Are you a USC alumni ?

@grtd2010 - I stand corrected, Temple does not have an interview in UG. They have the option to go from 4+4 to 3+4 and that decision will be made during UG. I’d recommend Temple over Drexel and USC and neither of those beat free UG education and provisional MD admission.

I was just accepted into the Drexel BS/MD Program!

Pitt students that got admitted to Medical School in 2016: Data from Pitt Admissions Staffer

Albert Einstein College of Medicine: 1
Baylor: 2
Boston University: 4
Case Western: 10
Drexel: 19
Duke: 1
East Carolina University: 1
George Washington University: 1
Harvard: 1
Indiana University: 2
University of Buffalo: 4
Johns Hopkins: 1
Temple: 20
Loma Linda University: 1
Loyola: 3
Morehouse: 1
New York Medical College: 7
Northeast Ohio: 1
Northwestern: 8
Penn State: 13
UPenn: 3
Rosalind Franklin University: 2
Rutgers: 4
St Louis University: 4
Thomas Jefferson University: 6
Stanford: 1
SUNY Downstate: 2
Stony Brook University: 2
The Commonwealth Medical College: 23
Ohio State: 10
University of Miami: 2
University of Toledo: 3
USF Health Morsani College of Medicine: 3
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences: 2
University of Arkansas: 1
University of California San Fransisco: 1
University of California Irvine: 2
University of Central Florida: 1
University of Chicago: 2
University of Cincinnati: 11
University of Illinois at Chicago: 3
University of Maryland: 3
University of Pittsburgh: 37
University of Texas at Houston: 1
University of Virginia: 6
University of Wisconsin: 1
Vanderbilt: 4
Virginia Commonwealth School of Medicine: 3
Virginia Tech: 1
West Virginia University: 10
Wright State University: 3

@college2017 - Quite a few known med schools in that list. What’s the acceptance rate?

@florida789 When did your DD receive acceptance from FAU. Did they send my mail or email? I am surprised because they still interviewing candidates this thursday and friday March 30th and 31st

@srk2017 They did not share that with me. I may be able to get it in the next few days.As per Pitt, in 2014, the national acceptance rate was 43% and Pitt’s was 59%.

@colleg2017 - Other think to ask is if they do committee LORs.

Does anybody know if FAU actually already sent out acceptance notification while there will be 2 more interview dates this thursday and friday? Please share. Thanks

OrangeFl,

My D got a call from Prof directly and he informed over phone, official email follows. Also another NM candidate call as well yesterday . Good luck to your D or S, has he/she got any othe so far ?

College27
Very impressive from Pitt. I know thier UG prepares student well for MD

@florida789. Thanks for the info. We are still waiting

Has a date been confirmed for when NJMS will come out, and will we hear from the undergraduate schools or the medical school?

@orangefl2017 My daughter was scheduled for 30th but we notified them that she will not be attending as she got other confirmations. So, I know for sure that there is a slot for 30th (tomorrow).

Thank you GoldenRock for the advise. I am thinking about SLU Med scholars versus Emory UG but at the same time concerned about what IF I don’ t get into St. Louis medical school for what ever reason then would I miss out going to a good UG like Emory. Can some one help me pros and cons of my dilemma.

Babysimba, My D had the same dilemma whether to miss High ranked UG vs BsMD and then decided she wanted the Medical program as it prepares her towards her goal rather than going to high ranked School . Most BSMD school maintains admissions as per initial requirements at the time of joining which are some what lower compared to normal stream as the competition level is intense especially with candidates with lots of experience etc

@HS2DMed Thanks. My S had interview the first week of March and I know they also interview both days tomorrow and Friday. Did not hear from them but I wonder how many candidates acceptance notification while interviews are not done yet. Are you IS or OOS?

Going off your post I would say it is obvious parents who are in the medical profession get preferential treatment if 7/16 interviewed WERE NOT MD’s that means 9/16 were? Clearly weighted if so!!