***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@pillows56 some do, most don’t

@iGandalf Honestly unless you have 4.0 GPA and high test scores (ACT 34 or higher, SAT II 750-800 range) you may not be competitive in the applicant pool. Every one will have similar ECs related to medicine. Do you have 1000 hrs of volunteering/service to make you a standout? I guess a few may have it. One does not need that many hrs of volunteering/service. ECs will not makeup for low GPA and low Stats. If you donot get an interview, there is no question of getting an admission. The goal is to get an interview. If you can get 50% interviews from your BSMD applications, you have done great.

@grtd2010 I have a 4.0 unweighted and a 4.9 weighted. I know I can snag at least a 770 on my Calc subject test easy and hopefully a 750 ish on my chemistry one (and the website doesn’t even mention subject tests so this is obviously a lower tier BSMD program than say Brown). I will have over 1000 hours of volunteering by the end of the summer. But I won’t be able to retake the ACT to get a 34 - I’m gonna be stuck with a 98 percentile 32.

hey guys so we just created a Temple Health Scholars program facebook group—if you want to be added just search up Temple University Health Scholars and one of us will let you in!

Someone claimed they got into Pitt GAP program. I am confused because their list is not out.

Any news on movement on standby list on FAME

UH is also not out

Today the best deal looks like Texas tech UMSI. No mcat great scholarship they are not trying to teach useless stuff like directed writing etc Also great feedback from current students

To all. Watch out for cut throat environment of some schools

Feedback from uh and fame programs not good

Please let kids be kids and do not put too much pressure on them
If they can’t get in this way they can do it the regular way.

Can anyone tell us about BU. My D is in and needs more info

Pitt GAP results are not out. I personally confirmed with the admissions. They’ll announce next week.

Looks like some folks that want to know if certain results are out are putting out that they got the results as a way to confirm whether or not the results are out. It would be better to instead say - i’m worried, could someone please call out if results are out?’ - instead. Not cool behavior, but this is anonymous forum, and we will have such instances.

I hope people don’t take advantage of the generosity of many parents/ students in this forum here, who are giving sincere expert advice and guidance. It is free advice and more personal input than any high paid counselor would provide. All of us are educated and would be nice if everyone has high moral standards and not test others.

I totally agree with the above. This forum is for sincere comments

I totally agree. It’s so dangerous that kind of people is considering medicine as a career.
Totally childish!

We’d like to talk to folks that have the option of NJMS with NJIT/TCNJ and would appreciate sharing thoughts in PM. Please message me directly if you are interested in discussing NJMS with NJIT/TCNJ.

Good night all

@Mom22DDs Doesn’t UH cover room and board for national merit kids?