***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

If one has full ride for UPitts UG, it may not be a bad idea to commit and take a chance for GAP in Sep 2020.

For May 1, decision making deadline, the probability is very low. Bylaws can not be changed easily. There are university governance procedures to do so.

Playing the role of devilā€™s advocate, as most students will pick different colleges by May 1st, taking a chance on UPitt UG may increase odds drastically for GAP in Sep 2020.

Yup, it may be a blessing in disguise. They do offer full-rides for UG to some.

Has anyone heard from SUNY Upstate this week? Wondering if they will still proceed with BS/MD notification admit/denials now that the campus is closed. Any info?

I am quite sure many of the kids received multiple interview invites and acceptances. So it may be easier for those to make a decision. :wink:

My guess is most of the candidates who got GAP interviews have at least one T10 interview and itā€™s not easy to give up that. Also, no one should be desperate for a BSMD program or any college! Life is full of opportunities if you work hard.

@

@NoviceDad
Thanks for your reply, but the problem has been solved. My sonā€™s Baylor interview has been scheduled over Zoom Conferencing. I suspect the Rice Medical Scholarsā€™ interviews will also be over Zoom as well.

UPitt

Folks who were selected for GAP interviews:
If you have not, please start an FB page and coordinate your response together to petition UPitt to reconsider their decision.

I wonder how many Upitt Gap folks are on this forum out of the 40. Pls let me know if there is a FB page so I can join. Would be great if we can get them to reconsider their decision as the pandemic situation is a natural calamity and sometimes exceptions should be made in these extreme circumstances esp since kids have worked so hard for this program.

@MDhopetoget

Take the initiative and start the FB page if one does not exists.
Link it to the UPitt freshmen FB page and solicit folks to join the petition.

Hi everyone! There is a FB page for the UPITT GAP interivews. Please search upittgappetition on FB.

If that does not work, please try UPITT GAP BS/MD Interview Petition 2020

sorry @aniiiiiii . tried a few different ways and not finding it. i wonder why?

try typing in the facebook url with ā€œ/gappetitioninterviewā€ after it (it is not letting me post the comment with the full url)

sorry i meant ā€œupittgappetitionā€

Thanks for the advice novice dad
Will definitely try to appeal and see if they change .

Case Western PPSP interviews have gone virtual!

Who here hates the Coronavirus more? Stay safe people! :slight_smile:

Folks

Tomorrow is Pi Day - MIT decisions will be out.

National Emergency being declared at 3 PM EST today.