***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

FAU has two programs
Med Direct (Boca Raton Campus) and Wilkes Medical Scholars(Jupiter Campus)
what is diffrance between two? is one better than other as undergrad and med school campus wise?opportunity ? acceptance statistic of both campus?Any information will be very helpful.

What is my chance of getting into TCNJ for regular decision? I have 1390 sat, and a 3.7 weighted GPA. Major: Marketing, Community service: 200 hours, Essay: Very good(I hope :slight_smile:

Also, has anyone else been accepted with roughly the same stats, and if so, did you receive any merit scholarships?
Thanks

@mygrad2021

I am on self imposed exile from this thread (till March), but I was told that I was mentioned by my friends @rk2017 and @GoldenRock in reference to Vandy.

Yes, Vandy doesn’t look at NMF status for merit scholarships. They have 3 different full-tuitions scholarships (academics and leadership, service and diversity I think). My son get for academics and leadership. He missed NMF by 1 point (from CA). Vandy is basically offers scholarships to those who they think will go to Ivies/MIT/Stanford otherwise. Since Vandy is stats heavy school for admissions, you need to have great ECs, leadership, essays (and some luck) to get scholarships. My son has state and national achievements in 3 different competitive ECs and 2 national exams, some research experience and started a non-profit. However due to not enough medical related experiences he only got 2 BSMD interviews (and acceptances) and decided to go with Vandy.

Hope this helps.

Any one heard back from RPI? especially who wrote casper in Nov.

for the union/Albany program if you get rejected, can you appeal the decision?

Excited to announce that I have been accepted to PLME!

Good luck to everyone else in the app cycle, I am withdrawing all of my applications and interviews.

@ramen2020 Congratulations!

Congratulations !!

Congratulations @ramen2020

@ramen2020 , Congratulations . DS have it on the list and applying for Jan 1st Regular decision deadline.
Does Brown prefer only ED candidates?

@ramen2020 Did you do ED for Brown? I assume if you got ED to Brown undergrad, is it automatic you got into PLME? Or was there a process outside of Brown UG acceptance for PLME? Did you interview for PLME? I am applying to Brown PLME, but regular decision not due until Jan 1st.

@ramen2020
Congratulations! First admission of the season I guess.

@Somo2020

As I had mentioned earlier, there will be a significant boost in chances for those applying ED. I think some one posted the stats from their website few days ago. If I remember vaguely, the distribution of acceptances were 24 ED and 72 RD or something, with 30+ out of them (RD) choosing not to enroll. Though the ED acceptances appear lower on the face of it, they are perhaps picked out of 300 or so (guessing) ED applicants (they don’t provide the details). The 72 RD acceptances come from a much bigger pool of the remaining 2000+ RD applicants to the program and with further limits on how many of them can be ORMs.

@ramen2020 Congratulations !!!

@ramen2020 Congratulations!
@coolguy456 nope

Does anyone know how many kids are accepted from PMM interview (for which ~100-120 kids are invited according to @NoviceDad)?

I agree with @rk2017

we are not Expecting PLME as we are applying RD

RD is a very competitive pool for ORM’s as compared to ED which is binding. Many top folks who have potential for multiple BS MD offers and Ivy’s are in this RD pool and many won’t join also but PLME does not have wait list

I believe the only other caveat with applying ED to PLME - for those really keen on assured BS/MD - a chance that you might get ED for UG at Brown, but not accepted to PLME.

Has anyone heard from Siena-Albany med program or from VCU?

Also is temple -temple a real bsmd program

Yes, I was aware that there was a chance I’d get accepted to Brown only, but it was a risk I was willing to take. You can’t complain about going to an ivy :slight_smile: