***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

we haven’t heard from Siena-Albany med program.

I know it’s not a true BS/MD program, but I was recently accepted into the University of Toledo Bacc2MD program. If you have any questions about my stats and my thoughts on what the program may be like, just ask!

Hi All, Not sure if this question is relevant to this thread.

DS took AP Gov/AP Macro Econ as a Senior this year and we reported this in all the BS MD programs that he/she applied to. DS want to switch to Econ on level class now due to some personal reason.This might bring the weighted GPA little lower( 4.9 now).
Not concerned about the GPA coming down a bit.

But will it be a problem now to switch? Will it be looked negatively by colleges(BS MD programs) ?Because what was reported in common app (during first semester) will be different from the final transcript.

This would be the only subject.

Another question is, does AP Macro get any credit during UG for BS(Pre Med)?

Could you please advise!

What is my chance of getting into TCNJ for regular decision? I have 1390 sat, and a 3.7 weighted GPA. Major: Marketing, Community service: 200 hours, Essay: Very good(I hope :slight_smile:

Also, has anyone else been accepted with roughly the same stats, and if so, did you receive any merit scholarships?
Thanks

@ramen2020 Congratulations !!!

@TCNJApp

I think you posted in the wrong group. This is for high school students applying to direct entry medical programs.

Not sure what you mean by major Marketing. Is that what you want to get into at TCNj? If so, while the SAT score is impressive, they may look at your unweighted gpa. Hope you have around 3.5 or higher. If you really like the school and program, I think they have ED2 option with Jan deadline, so check that out. Good luck!

@Somo2020

Shouldn’t be a problem as long as you would be able to explain, if they ask. Yes, many colleges give credit for Micro and Macro with a score >= 4. Some may only give for 5. Depending on the school and major, they may ask to take higher level course and not give complete credit.

@ramen2020 - Congratulations!

@coolguy456 - No movement on RPI. Nov casper.

got a reject from BSMD Renselar. 1500 SAT, 800 subject math and bio. vocational merit based med high school ( academy of allied health sciences), 100 hours shadow,
good recommendations. didnt visit the school
not sure why i got declined

You have to contact each and every school your S applied to and tell them of the course change (an email to AO should suffice)…whether S has been accepted already or the application is still pending. And yes, decreasing rigor during senior year can have an impact on admissions decisions.

Credits for AP courses will vary by school and program, you will need to check the academic handbook and/or course catalog at each school.

Good luck.

@alex07746

Could be number of reasons. Your scores are fine (assuming you are not an ORM), but since you go to a specialized school with lot of competition, the gpa could be lower relative to other applicants. Also the number of students from your school applying to the same program can be a factor, especially if some of them having super credentials. And perhaps their expectations are for you to have research exposure. And finally essays and luck!

@alex07746
Did you get AMC supplement from RPI? They have been declining 2-4 days after collecting the $120 fee and supplement :). We all know the process is a black hole.

got rejected from PMM.

Just received interview decision via portal

@shametomyfamily congratulations!

@rk2017 Thanks! But, if I apply early decision does that mean I am required to go to TCNJ if I get accepted?

I should have clarified, I got rejected, my bad lol. But congrats to everyone who got an interview acceptance, and for everyone else let’s keep our heads up high!

@ramen2020 CAn you please share your stats if you dont mind.

@TCNJApp

Yes early decision is binding, you have to attend it if accepted. But it boosts one’s chances of getting in and people choose the option if they think the particular school or program is their top choice AND financial awards (merit based) is not an issue for them.

@rk2017 Thanks! I definitely am looking for the best merit-based scholarships. I hope TCNJ can get close to Rowan, but from what I have heard, Rowan is more competitive for scholarships.