***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@ramen2020 Great reflections in the results thread. Did TCNJ called for interview or you received via email ?

I didnā€™t get any notification of interview for PMM or TCNJ, does this mean I didnā€™t get in or are they still sending them out?
Yes Iā€™ve checked the respective portals.

@ramen2020 Thank you for the results thread and wow, great achievements in four years of high school!

@ramen2020

congratulations !!

great scores and EC. I am sure with these credentials you would have been a very strong candidate for HPME Upitt and BU
Too.

Thank you @rk2017 and @NoviceDad for the input. I will try to visit few and keep the rest for the admission time.

@mi2019, @BAMDHopeful , could you please share the link for the results thread?

I found the long list of requirements for FAU finally! Thank you for leading me in the right direction. Yes, interview is part of entering the School of Medicine.

*Expectations and Requirements for Promotion to the College of Medicine
In addition to the above requirements, students must complete an application for admission to the FAUā€™s Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine (FAUCOM). The admissions process includes completing and submitting the following:

Verified AMCAS application (including personal statement and letters of recommendation)
Complete FAUCOM secondary application (emailed to you after FAUCOM receives your AMCAS primary application)
Letter of recommendation from the Pre-Health Professions Committee
Interview with College of Medicine Admissions Committee
MCAT composite score minimum of 510
Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.7 and a science GPA of at least 3.5 (both determined by AMCAS)
Completed applications must be submitted to AMCAS no later than October 15th.
All students will be interviewed by the Pipeline Committee to assess their personal readiness to start medical school. Interviews will be scheduled after the primary and secondary applications (including letters of recommendation and MCAT scores) have been received by FAUCOM. As alternatives to promotion to the College of Medicine, the committee may, at its discretion, require the student to take additional year of undergraduate or graduate preparation or to dismiss the student from the program.

@mygrad2021 and any one else new to navigation on this forum.

Just try going one level above to the root of this discussion umbrella, i.e. Multiple Degree Programs. Under this umbrella you find all the associated threads, some 200 of them ordered in reverse time order. Including this current thread and the newly created 2020 results thread. Let me know if still confusing.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/2167174-bs-md-results-class-of-2020.html#latest

Thank you very much @rk2017 ! Itā€™s interesting to know that there are so many discussions on this forum.

@ramen2020 When did you get the TCNJ Interview Invite? By email or status update?

@staycalm123 The other day you asked about Penn Stateā€™s invitation. Did you get a response yet? I am still waiting.

@ramen2020

Great high school resume - congratulations.

May I ask 2 questions that were not addressed in your results 1) do you fall under the ORM (chinese/indian) category? 2) any hooks (legacy etc)

My son is suffering from ā€œessay fatigueā€, so just want to see if it is really worth keeping brown on his list or not.

Thanks!

I just had a worst case scenario- I made an 89 in my college chemistry course this semester, my first B ever. I am also a junior.
However, I am still ranked number 1 in my class and have scored 1530 on the sat. I have 770 math 2 and 780 biology sat2. So i may still become valedictorian. My extracurriculars are that I founded a preventive health club and doing biological tick research at the us national tick collection which is the worlds largest collection. I am middle eastern (white). I have taken AP and my scores have been 5,5,5,4,4,3,3,3. My questions are-
Is it worth still trying to take chem 2 in the college next semester with a bad background and chances of making another B?
If i tried studying on my own to make a high sat2 in chemistry would that help?
Lastly, although my GPA is still very high I have unfortunately done badly in chem so do I have a chance in any BSMD programs still?

@Dadesh0

Not clear what you mean by college chemistry course. Is it in some community college or an AP course in your school? If it is an AP, you still have a semester to pull it up. If it is a college course, I think you are better off not enrolling in the continuation course and instead prepare for both AP and subject sat2. Good scores in those can counter any grade deflation.

I think you may want to retake sat subject math2, 770 may not be looked at favorably in couple of ultra competitive programs that require that specific test(check the percentile it corresponds to). Other programs may not care.

By the way B with 89 is not a bad background.

TCNJ interviews are not out yet as per my knowledge. @ramen2020 , can you please confirm when did u recieve it?

@2FutureBSMDsMom Apologies, I confused TCNJ with Drew.

@brown2020 yes ORM, no hooks. The 7 brown essays are a lot, but in the end only 2 are actually brown specific, you can definitely reuse already written ones to answer the other 5.

@orm2022 Yeah we finally received it this Friday for Jan 15th.

Are the PMM interview notifications emailed or on the portal? I havenā€™t received one yet, so did I just not get it?

@ramen2020
thank you!

@ramen2020 , Congratulations on the brown admission.Excellent stats and I could see you are a very determined kid. All the very best for your future.

Hi, DS got rejected from SBU/GW and Penn State(got UG admission though).
Did anyone get supplement from Drexell?