***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@BigMan123
If you do not mind can please share which campus at FAU you are at? Boca or Jupiter? Which campus is better for research opportunities? Any other comments comparing both campuses would be really appreciated. Thank you.

@kush22 : I just start reading from here and skim through the threads I am particularly interested about NJIT / NJMS.

I start from @NoviceDad #4043 about PROS and CONSā€¦

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/2081864-thread-for-bsmd-applicants-2019-p203.html

@orm2020 NJIT also pays for Board not just Tuition/Roomā€¦ i am paying $44 for spring semester :slight_smile:

@mahikesh : Cool , but I never fill in any FAFSA forms :slight_smile: so I am not expecting that much ā€¦ And maybe I add the FEES in too, that is why the amount few thousands short ? Or else , as you said BOARD is included.

The MERIT scholarship ( without any financial aid ) is indeed the largest amount offered among public colleges ( in and oos) . Nothing I could complain if accepted by NJMS !

NJIT updated today to tell us wait patiently till end of January. When do you think NJMS start interviews, the last week of January ??

Are you in state ??

@orm2020 i do think FAFSA is necessary even to get scholarship for tuition/roomā€¦ This is applicable to most collegesā€¦ make sure whether you need to fill FAFSA and CSS for the schools you apply. Please note that we are way above to get the benefit of FAFSA or IVYs endowmentā€¦

All honors college kids gets Tuition free in NJIT. you will be surprised to see many kids renouncing JHU, Yale, Columbia,etc. and chose NJIT for moneyā€¦ Different people different strokesā€¦ For BSMD, they started including meal plan last year (one BSMD kid didnt get the meal plan, not sure why)ā€¦ We paid $350 (some freshman fees) in fall semesterā€¦$44 for springā€¦

NJIT interview happened to us in December and NJMS some time in Feb. Normally NJMS interview starts in Januaryā€¦As per them, NJMS interview call could go up to March endā€¦ results will be out April first weekā€¦

Attended TCNJ interview in Jan endā€¦

MY D is instateā€¦

@BigMan123 Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, do you know if they accept credit from dual-enrollment? I have a crazy amount of credit hours from a four year university that Iā€™d like to transfer over to FAU so I can take other classes that Iā€™d be much more interested in (and so I can matriculate in three years).

Iā€™ve also heard that they prioritize NMSFs from last yearā€™s thread, do you know if this still holds true?

@Mahikesh

Also NJMS has good match list. Absolutely agree Its worth better than Ivies if you go tuition free for undergrad.

@bsmdmom My DC received TCNJ interview as well today. Good luck to our kids

@mahikesh : if you do not mind, what amount is TCNJ merit ? Is that at least 50% of NJIT ?? And what major is your daughter in ? Thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

And right now DS is not in BSMD yet , so maybe more is coming form NJIT :slight_smile:

Congrats to all receiving TCNJ email today :slight_smile:

@2FutureBSMDsMom . Thank you. Good luck to our kids. All the kids who have interview all the different places. Wish you all the best.

@momcincy,
no news yet. my son submitted supplement for Union/AMC due Dec 15.

My S was rejected for Bona/GW BS/MD, but they forwarded the application to LECOM for BS/DO. They sent an e-mail to set up an interview with Bona and asked my S to set up an interview with LECOM through a website (2-interview process). The process sounds kind of strange. They make it sounds like he is guaranteed for an interview with LECOM. Any advice on this would be great. We will call both schools, but want to see if anyone has some insight on the process. TIA.

@BSMD mom
I am on the Jupiter campus. The Jupiter campus is much better in my opinion for research, as students can find opportunities in both the Max Planck and Scripps Institutes. I am currently in the process of securing a research position. However, for general social life, Boca Raton is the better campus. The entire freshman class size on Jupiter is only 250 people, so you can imagine how limited the social scene is.

Anyone received BU SMED interview yet?

@orm2022 : I am assuming a ā€œNOā€ already as too many weeks passed from the date that they started the noticesā€¦

@BigMan123 thank you for your response. It was helpful.

Hi All,
My S applied to 14 BSMD programs. He has his favorites which he has yet to hear from. He did get an invitation to 2 schools today (Albany and Stockton/Rowan DO) (yay!) , but is anxiously awaiting TCNJ and Temple. We just want to know if anyone can give us an idea of how the invitation to the interviews work. How long do the schools continue to ask for interviews? And does it mean anything if you are not asked in the beginning of the schoolā€™s interview process? Itā€™s hard not to jump to conclusions while waiting to hear from them one way or another.

I also want to wish everyone good luck. I read so many posts, and I am blown away by all the hard work and commitment these kids have.

@Phil G : TCNJ sent an interview email to my child Dec 29 , I was surprised someone working on Sunday before New year, and gave dates at same weekend.

Today few more students received the emails too. The interview is somewhere appx over an hour to 90 mins for each candidates.

All my child know is that TCNJ is going to interview 100 students appx. So I guess you should wait a week to two patiently. In the meantime, focus on what you got on hand :slight_smile: Hope this helps !

@gradedu

Do extensive research on LECOM. Heard horror story from a friend whose S went thru that process and in limbo state. It is not worth wasting time if your child has reasonable skills to get decent gpa and test scores.