Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

My son and his best friend were alse deferred. He was accepted to other schools as well. He even got into a reach, so OSU may be out for him, too.

Congratulations! Which program did he get into? How was he notified he got into the Scholars program? OSU or personal email? Portal? My daughter has been admitted and notified of MSP award but hasn’t heard about Scholars yet.

When were they notified of their deferral?

If you don’t mind me asking, what were their stats?? I’m very nervous on my admission as the 29th release is coming up.

Is anyone that got admitted in December still waiting to know if they got into honors?

3 Likes

They were notified December 15. GPA’s betweent 3.7 and 3.8. ACT 28 and 29.

I believe he got an email. It was like 11:15 the other night. He did Law and Politics (I think that is what it is called). I am sure if she got MSP she will get scholars. He didn’t have enough diversity background to do MSP. What program did your daughter do?

My son was admitted on 12/11 for Social work and was notified he was accepted into his first choice scholars program this week. Does anyone know when Ohio State will send out financials and merit scholarships?

I spoke to them last week and they were just starting to review it. I had an issue with the Scholarship site. What Scholars
program is your son going into

@mlk75 I heard the soonest we will hear about scholarships is late Feb.

Would you mind checking to see if the email went to his OSU account or his personal one? She also did Law and Politics as she will be majoring in PoliSci and is super active in that space now.

I just asked him. He said it went to his personal one. We are from Miami. Where are you from? My son is majoring in Poly Sci as well and looking at one of the Thematic Concentrations.

Anyone know when RD applicants hear their decision? Thank you!

feb 19; march 26

does anyone know if you need to fill out the fafsa to get the buckeye scholarship

Thanks!

What are the 2 dates? Thanks!!

If you get deferred, do you hear back on the 2 regular decision dates or some other way?

We are from the Columbus area (I am an OSU alumni). My kiddo will need to look at the themes as well. I know for schools with the traditional specialties she would pursue American Politics, not International Relations or Comparative Politics, as she will go to law school for Constitutional Law. If your from Miami plan to stock up on winter gear! There is an outlet mall about 20 minutes north of OSU where you can get everything.

My son is a die-hard lifelong OSU fan and has never stepped on campus. We were supposed to be there in August but had to cancel because of Covid. We plan to come up in late March because I won’t let him commit without seeing it. He plans to use the degree towards a career in the FBI (who knows if that will change). He is also very interested in American Politics.

2 Likes