Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Same here!

@dragonflies1 Did you withdraw from Scholars or from OSU completely?

OSU completely

Good luck wherever you go!

I love OSU so much and we will definitely fly up to watch some football games but I lucked out and got my ED so Iā€™m happy. Maybe I can make it back for Med School :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Where did you end up enrolling?!

@dragonflies1 Congratulations! That is amazing!

I am an in state student. To answer a previous question, OSU is funded through the state and has certain admission requirements for in state, however it is actually easier for OOS to be admitted. OSU for one gets more tuition money when they can charge OOS. Also the instate competition for acceptance is just as competitive compared to OOS. My counselor used to work in OSU admissions and said that for some reason, OOS seemed easier than instate

interesting. Well I guess thatā€™s good news as im out of state. At most schools its the opposite

If Ohio State ranked me in the top 84, does this mean they believe iā€™m top 16%? If so, does this give me a good shot?

mine says that too

Iā€™m thinking the class ranks donā€™t mean much. Iā€™m ranked in the 90s on there but i will surely be rejected.

1 Like

I want to wish all of you the best of luck today!

4 Likes

I have been following this thread and wasnā€™t going to respond but I think this will help all of you. My son was deferred on Dec 11th. He had the lock, now it is edit. The source code does day ā€œdeferā€. HOWEVER, my older son is currently a junior AT OSU and his Scholarship Universe is EXACTLY the same! So I am with BuckNutā€™s original claim: Clues in the system like the lock or source code would be a major vulnerability. While these types of vulnerabilities are possible, I teach computer science and I would hope a top university like OSU would not have such vunerabilities in their portal. My younger son is just as anxious to find out about admittance, but I believe if you are deferred today you all will just have to wait until March. Sorryā€¦

2 Likes

same, went from locked to unlocked

Iā€™m an international and they ranked me the 96% percentage.
#1 Public school in the country, school doesnā€™t give class ranks

I think they may mean percentile, like how the ACT and SAT do there scale, where 90 means 90th percentile, or top ten percent.

For anyone still awaiting decision - did anyone get a new 13th question in Scholarship Universe? What is your current or intended major(s)? Have a twin brother and he has it but I donā€™t.

Does anyone know what time we can expect to hear?

Lol, this is going to get crazy. We did it and didnā€™t see any deferred or denied but saw ā€˜admittedā€™ word. Truly donā€™t know if it means anything but itā€™s fun to play the game to make the waiting interesting. Letā€™s see how the actual results line up with what we saw.