Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

how does switching a major impacts your decision, i heard ohio state admits major-blind

for context i switched my major this week from sports management to marketing in fisher

Sure! Mine’s a different beast. Here’s a list I coped and pasted that I had to submit to another college:
Homeschooled
All National musician on bass/ competitive piano since age 4
5 years in competitive speech and policy debate
leadership positions in 4H and multiple awards
I submitted a 65 page Curriculum description document, including a very unique Classical education philosophy, and detailed reading lists, resumes, etc.
essays: writing is a strength, I guess.
33 college dual credits
State level FIRST Robotics
multiple awards in bass and piano
Japanese and Latin foreign languages for 4 years.
1400 SAT (which probably isn’t as important as the holistic application , especially this year)

I applied to honors and haven’t heard back.

Accepted in state biochemistry. I was definitely more academic heavy, EC’s were kind of bad.

1 Like

omg thats amazing!! what was ur gpa?

weighted like a 4.7 since I took a lot of AP Courses unweighted like a 3.95 ish?

1 Like

The SAT will matter the most at Ohio State, especially for homeschoolers. I’d be shocked if you get rejected though.

Also now way OSU is going through a 65 page curriculum. They have 60,000 applications.

1 Like

anyone know if they like send out acceptances first and deferrals/denials last?

Doubt it

anybody knows the question i posted

I have only heard they are major blind.

Yeah they are

so no impact😎

Yeah it won’t affect your decision to the university because they are major blind.

Yeah you’re good!

1 Like

has anyone seen any denials or defferals?

Not today

someone from cali just got accepted

We’ve applied to 15 schools from Princeton to safety schools, and not one has required the SAT from anyone, including homeschoolers
 Homeschoolers had the same issue in scheduling as everyone else. In our case, we had 4 cancellations before we got in on both ACT/SAT and when we did it, was with masks, in a 90 degree room, with no ventilation, and without a desk for the test. It was nuts!

BUT
schools are moving away from SAT and opting for a more to a holistic approach of review. They want well rounded students :slight_smile:

You are right though about the document!
OSU likely didn’t comb that massive document, but my sister got into an Ivy league level school and THAT top college did take time to go through hers, and remarked that it made the difference. My document was much like hers.
But,
Because we submitted it to 14 others, we went ahead and submitted it to OSU as well.

1 Like

Accepted OOS for psychology! 4.6 W, test-optional, homeschooled.

3 Likes

honestly this made me feel a little comforted lol. my high school did not give us any access to take a sat or act test and due to covid neither were testing centers. i really hope because i went in test optional it doesnt take away from the other great factors of my app. thank u so much for saying this

1 Like