Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

OSU has been his lifelong dream. Diehard Buckeye. I just ran the NPC again and it gives him tnos of scholarships including Buckeye. Fingers crossed. We are going up to visit campus in 2 weeks

evaluation still anyone?

yep, still

Deferred in state
31 ACT 8 writing
1 Dual Enrollment
8 AP
Private School

i don’t know y’all i’m too scared to look hahah

they’re were so many deferrals today holy crap

yep, because of the test optional policy it’s extremely hard to get in this year. This OSU cycle might be like a normal year UMich cycle in terms of competitiveness.

Defeeral is not a proabable rejection. It means you have a really good chance against regular descion. Honestly most people who apply EA are going to be your top 10% of applivcants so defferal just means you were not in the top 10 but still a stong canidate. My couselor worked in admissions at OSU and i go to school in columbus

@wlehockey Did they give you any idea of what top 5% equated to in terms of GPA?

i got deferred as well

They base it on each school and the scale the school sends on the school report

Accepted in state
33 ACT
Weighted GPA 4.423
Unweighted 4.0
class rank 1/275

so what do i do now that im deferred?

May I ask what your stats were?

Be patient. Maybe email about continued interest and if anything new comes up. I imagine they will look at mid-year grades now. If not if yours are good you can try and send them somehow. The first rounds were tough everywhere. UGA was like 4.0-4.33 GPA for the middle 50%. Higher than usual although UGA isn’t a cakewalk.

i am oos, my uw gpa is 3.5 and my w is 4.0. i had really good letter of recs, lots of community service hours, good ec’s lots of leadership, part time job and i went in test optional. i feel like i have great ec’s and leadership but going in test op probably hurt me

I would’ve thought you had a good chance. Who knows what’s happening at this point. I’m still under evaluation :frowning:

1 Like

Oh that’s great. Please share updates on the visit. I guess you’re doing a self guided tour and just walking around? We hope to get out there by spring break. We’re in IL.

im not sure what time mine came out. last time i looked was 2pm cst and it was still under evaluation. and now i just checked after i got off the plane at 6pm est ish and it was there

We are going to do self guided but I reached out to parents on the FB page and found a few current students who are in the same scholars program my son is going into and they are going to meet with us while we are there and show us around. The FB page is fabulous