Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

We’re you deferred to the regional campus or just deferred?

My portal just says “Defer” but doesn’t say to a specific campus or anything. I am in-state though and everyone in-state that doesn’t get admitted to Columbus is automatically admitted to a regional campus.

Does anyone have any info on the Honors dorms? I know there are 3 choices. Thanks.

Yeah same here. My daughter had above average stats, and she did research at the main campus and still got deferred. If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats? She applied test-optional, had a 3.7 GPA, good ECs, and took rigorous courses. Thanks.

I just got admitted to Honors today and was also wondering that

1 Like

They are on 3 different parts of campus…Taylor is north and has suite living(4 share a bedroom/common area and bathroom) Bradley is on south campus, one roommate and hall bath shared and Lincoln is large suites near stadium, up to 16 share a common area, then desk and beds shared by 2-4 roommates each. My daughter is Honors as well and our preference will be Taylor or Bradley(husband lived in this dorm when he went there). Also I believe Bradley does not have air conditioning. I lived on South campus when I went and had a blast, no a/c didn’t bother me at all:)

1 Like

Congratulations! How were you alerted to Honors admission? In the Buckeye email, or other? Also, have many others heard about Honors and/or Merit Scholarships yet?

Thanks, all, I hope you get all that you hope for!

Thanks for the info. I wonder is they are still allowing 4 per room in Taylor while following necessary Covid precautions.

Honors notification came via email. My understanding is that any potential merit scholarships will come via regular mail.

Yes, Covid changed things up for sure…guessing we will know more in in Spring when housing contracts come out:)

So even those that are accepted to honors will wait until March to pick their preferences?

This year the quads went to doubles and the doubles went down to singles.

1 Like

Thank you! I got my notification in my normal email, not the buckeye one. I’m hoping notifications for merit scholarships will come in the mail soon!

I think Taylor went to doubles a few years ago (pre covid) as they added all the new dorms on north campus. A double in Taylor would be awesome with the set up of the bedroom and living room.

1 Like

I believe so…I think they send them out on a rolling basis, based on when you paid your acceptance fee…although this is my first college student so I am just going on what the website says:)

Taylor still had quads last year (pre-Covid) - my son has lived there the past two years. They also have Super Doubles (2 people in quad) and Triples (three in a quad) but mostly sophomores get those. The Ohio State Housing site currently only has the 20-21 room setups listed.

1 Like

Ah. Thanks. My friends kid must have had the super double.

I didn’t hear of doubles turning to singles. My son was in a double with a roommate (this year).

My DDs email came in the middle of the night, last night.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe not in Taylor but it happened in other dorms.