Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

I’m talking about Baker actually.

How much do they usually give out in merit scholarships?

So those who are deferred can hear back February 19 or March 26?

Yes

@pineapple2021

There are 4 different scholarships, as follows:

Maximus, Provost and Trustees Scholarships

Requirements: These awards are based on the strength of the admission application within the context of a given year’s applicant pool.

Award Amount: $1,000-$3,000 ($4,000-$12,000 four-year value)

Due Date: Apply by November 15th to be automatically considered

National Buckeye Scholarship for non-Ohio residents

Requirements: These awards are based on the strength of the admission application within the context of a given year’s applicant pool. Students who file a FAFSA by the priority deadline will get automatic consideration for this scholarship.

Award Amount: Up to $13,500 ($54,000 four-year value)

Due Date: Apply by November 15th to be automatically considered

HELP, Im confused. My daughter applied EA and is still in “Evaluation”. Have all decisions come out already? Website said by 1/29. Im starting to think something is off.

All materials were submitted between late Oct and early Nov - all before 11/15 with the exception of official SAT scores submitted end of Nov. That could be why?

If those test scores were sent after Nov. 15, then they may have moved your application to RD. They are strict with their deadline, so check in your portal all your dates and call the admissions office tomorrow to make sure you understand what’s really going on.

One of the people who posted recently said that is what happened to them. Scores came in late and moved to RD.

They must be super strict. I thought if a college received the common app but the deadline, other things like transcripts or counselor recs could come in later and still be ok. In this case, everything (common app, transcripts, unofficial SAT etc) was submitted well before 11/15 but not the official SAT score from the CB. What a bummer. I don’t think we will be able to wait that long.

"MichMalibu

also still waiting. Application was in for EA deadline but SAT scores arrived 2 days late. AO said decision was pushed to RD"

Honestly, that is so super frustrating that I am just finding this out now. Application included self reported scores was in by 10/30, transcript in by 11/2, official SAT… 12/1. I get they are entitled to having their rules. Just frustrating we just figured it out now when we didn’t have issues with the other 9-10 schools we applied to all EA. Oh well…

Just wondering… Did anyone who filled out Scholarship Universe find the questions are kind of repetitive? My daughter is not sure if it is acceptable to restate some of the things she wrote about in prior responses.

1 Like

How do you know that deferred can here back in Feb? Will it be in portal?

has anyone gotten Buckeye Scholarship yet? and if you did, when? did it show up on the portal and did you get an email?

I believe Honors and Scholars was an email and scholarship were via mail from what I’ve seen here.

From what I have read, scholarship information is coming via mail. I know it is on a rolling basis. My DD submitted a complete application 11/14, and we just heard from Honors this past weekend.

Applied 11/14 and was told via email in January we did NOT get into honors (kinda surprised!) but were encouraged to apply for scholars. OOS and still waiting to hear on any kind of merit $ but am now worried it might not be so great if they didn’t think the application was strong enough for honors…

is there a way to apply to scholars now?

Would you mind posting stats? Just wondering if my son’s app is strong enough. I know it’s “holistic” but may help with a baseline.

Does anyone know if getting accepted to honors guarantee some type of merit scholarship? If it helps, I am OOS