Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Has anyone else received the post card saying get ready financial aid is coming soon? How soon after did you receive the financial award information?

@american1991 We just got that in the mail today. I was hoping it was merit but no such luck!

Speaking from experience, my daughter has no fine arts coursework in her high school transcript and she was accepted in the first wave of EA decisions. She has excess requirements in a lot of areas - extra social sciences, extra physical sciences, extra math, etc. Not sure if they took that in to consideration, but I wouldn’t be too concerned about not having fine arts on your child’s transcript.

same!

1 Like

How do students at OSU commute between classes? Do many students use the bus system?

I was deferred at the end of January:
Great essays/supplements
1400 SAT (not super-scored)
3.98 UW
All honors/AP all of high school

Does anyone know when they may start releasing decisions for those who were deferred? Are they rolling?

February 19 and March 26.

Unlikely to be rolling.

It is a pedestrian campus. There are buses that loop around, but walking is usually faster. 5-7 minutes, 10 from S to N at a college pace. This is an old video so some buildings are missing, but gives a good overview of the mini campuses within the main campus foot print.

2 Likes

Will there be a thread to talk about picking housing for Ohio State? The campus is so big. How do you choose?

1 Like

I can’t believe you were deferred. Thats ridiculous :pensive:

I’m seeing a lot of discourse about applying EA and not hearing back. I think I might be one of those people since I did send in my ACT after Nov. 15. People are recommending sending an email to the school but I’m a bit confused in that regard, who exactly should I be emailing?

People who had scores turned in late were put into RD.

We were in close communication with the dance department for the whole application process. It was stressed to us over and over, that everything needed to be into the University (including scores) by November 15th to be considered EA.

When the time comes, you will get to pick the rate (price point), and the part of campus you want to be in. Then they assign you to a specific dorm/room (I actually think this is less stressful than schools that make you compete with others in terms of time slot to pick a specific room). My son wanted to be on south campus because there are a lot of freshman there, it’s a great location, and it sounded lively. He also wanted a traditional dorm with a hall bath, so he picked the corresponding rate. It all worked out. I know they have a way to find roommates if you want to do that, but mine just went random and it’s been good.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Does anyone know hoe many students are typically accepted to the Honors Program?

Does is specifically state this somewhere on their website or in an email or something or is this just your guess?

Is anyone else who applied EA (and yes, I checked all test scores, etc. were turned in by Nov. 15 - by the 1st actually), still waiting on a decision?? My daughter’s portal still says Evaluation! However, she did receive her letter that she was accepted into the Dance program (they are two separate processes)
 we are so anxious!! I called and it sounded like a student that answered the phone and said “yes, it still looks like she’s under evaluation”, but said it’s a good sign she got the letter from the dance program. Asked if I wanted to speak to the dance program bc they may know more and when she transferred me I got voicemail.

@ angilouie Has she submitted al her test scores and other material by Nov 15?

This makes no sense. Any college would be lucky to have you. Is there any kind of appeal process?