Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Admission website

Yes, everything was in by Nov 1

@angilouie In that case I would send an e-mail to Admissions because she should have already received her results. May be she has more than one family name and they did not recognise all her materials? Just wondering what might have happened.

Just got scholarship info in the mail!!! I got the Provost and National Buckeye. So pumped. It was dated Feb 10 and I got it today Feb 13 (I live in IL btw). I got in December into Engineering with a 3.8/4.43 and 1400 SAT.

5 Likes

I know itā€™s disappointing but OSU has a high bar. Our Daughter will be graduating from OSU this May. Didnā€™t get into Honors despite having a 32 on her ACT, about 50 transfer credits from CCP and AP and only 1 B her entire school life and that was Linear Algebra (taken after she was accepted to OSU). She was accepted to other collegeā€™s Honors programs and got very nice offers from them - but OSU is a little harder. Same with our Son - who is in Miamiā€™s Honors program. He was turned down for OSUā€™s Honorā€™s programā€¦

A degree from THE Ohio State University is still a degree from THE Ohio State! (Oh and our Senior has a job post Graduation! :wink: ) so all is right with the world!!

2 Likes

Congratulations! Hopefully weā€™ll all start hearing soon. My daughter has been waiting since December as well.

They are still doing Honors and Scholars for EA so donā€™t give up hope on that either.

congrats! out of curiousity, can you also see it online? i got accepted in engineering at same time so just curious

Congratulations!

I was deferred in the second round of applicants. Do you think thereā€™s a chance Iā€™ll get my final decision next Friday? When I was on the phone with an admissions officer awhile ago, they had told me that I shouldā€™ve heard far earlier, but there was some sort of delay put on my application status. Iā€™m pretty confident that Iā€™ll accepted, I just want this to be over already since I applied on August 2nd. Also, can deferred applicants still be accepted into honors/scholars? Iā€™m pretty sure they decide on a rolling basis, but Iā€™m unsure if I still have a chance. Thanks!

Not sure if they are doing set dates for releases anymore. Hopefully you hear something soon. We know people that got Honors and Scholars email last night. Not sure what criteria they are using but one girl had like 6-8 APā€™s, almost all Honors courses and a 4.0 UW and her email said no Honors but option to do Scholars.

1 Like

Yeah I have a 28 ACT & a 4.5 W GPA, my personal essay was about being outed, I was the president/vice president of multiple clubs, lots of awards listed on my common app, and I was accepted into OSUā€™s CCP program in the summer. My gut was telling me that I was going to get deferred and then accepted, because that was the case for the CCP program. I have a really good feeling about my decision now, so Iā€™m hopeful everything goes well. If not, I have a hefty scholarship from OWU patiently waiting for me!

I feel confident you will get in. It has to be tough waiting so long.

When did you daughter apply to the dance program?

Unfortunately Iā€™m getting the impression that all of the test optional apps are in some cases hurting the kids who submitted scores. Good luck to you!

1 Like

Does anyone know when the complete financial aid normally comes out every year? Including scholarships, merit, FAFSA, etc. ?

Right before deadline, which I believe was Jan. 2nd. The audition process was submitted videos and a zoom master class plus interview in January. Decisions were said to be made in these first 2 weeks of February.

No, but on my portal it now shows my efc and what it costs to attend, but thereā€™s no award or anything, so thereā€™s definitely things going. I didnā€™t fill out the scholarship universe, but did apply for the alumni scholarship which was a separate email for it. I just got email for the alumni scholarship that I need to have a phone call interview.

Is the cost of attendance - the EFC= the amount of government aid they are gonna give you? I am so new to this college stuff haha

You should use the net price calculator for an estimate of aid.

1 Like