Ohio State Class of 2026 Admission

Around 6pm usually

2 Likes

Do the strongest applicants hear tomorrow or is it random as to who gets a decision tomorrow and who must wait until January?

In the past it seemed to be random. My two older children applied to OSU with similar stats from OOS and my oldest was accepted in the first round (I think it was in Nov) and my middle son heard back around the end of January. There didnā€™t seem to be a connection in student stats, OOS-vs-In State, School of majorā€¦it really seemed random among the kids in their high school class as well.

1 Like

I would check after 3 or 4pm. In the past, acceptances rolled out beginning around then and ending round 8 or 9 pm. Then nothing again for weeks, till the next batch is released. Good luck!

Is there an email that comes out saying there is a status update in the portal or should we just keep checking the portal?

1 Like

any portal hacks or speculations I should be looking out for ahaha?

2 Likes

I donā€™t remember what my daughter did. I think she just kept checking/refreshing her portal link and around 5pm on the very last day of EA decisions, there was her acceptance. Good luck!

Will there be an email first notifying applicants to look in their portal? Or, do they just need to look in the portal? Good Luck to all!

4 Likes

Sounds like we wait until later today.

Was hoping for an early release. Daughter needs to figure out portal info tho.so thereā€™s time

Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

S22 admitted today. Status on portal changed sometime in the last hour. In-state mech engineering, 3.95UW, 35 ACT.

No email notification - just saw it by refreshing portal.

7 Likes

CONGRATS to your student!

Son admitted to Engineering.
OOS, 4.0 UW gpa, 11 Apā€™s , 1440 SAT.

6 Likes

Congratulations! Portal or notification via email - if you donā€™t mind me askingā€¦

1 Like

D22 admitted today!

6 Likes

S22 admitted today. OOS, Arts and Sciences.

6 Likes

Portal!

1 Like

Son admitted to Business, in state, 4.00 UW, 4.464 W, 30 ACT (applied in Sept). Good luck everyone!!

11 Likes

My daughter just got in.
4.37 W/3.95 unweighted
1390 SAT
In state

9 Likes

still shows ā€˜evaluationā€™ on application status for me, will there be more releases today or will the rest just be in january?

3 Likes

Good question and I wanna know this too. My studentā€™s also says ā€œstill in evaluation.ā€ We applied 10/15. Donā€™t want to have mine refresh the portal all afternoon/evening if thereā€™s a chance all decisions today have already been releasedā€¦