One day visit this Sunday to see if D likes UA need suggestions on what to see

<p>Okay, so my D is decideing between a number of top of accounting schools in the Northeast, but was accpted to Alabama and seems to be leaning towards UA. Our only chance to visit UA is this Sunday, are there must sees and dos while we spend the day on campus ? Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>if you can get there on saturday, it is A day. that would include a football game, tailgating and lots going on.</p>

<p>do you have a visit scheduled (do they do visits on sunday)?</p>

<p>My son and I just visited the campus on March 30th for the first time. We really only had one day as well but it was a Friday so we were able to schedule more organized meetings. We did the bus tour offered by admissions but you could easily print out a campus map and walk it yourself. We saw 2 types of dorms that they have as models - a traditional style with 2 kids per room and a shared bath in the hallway (I think that was in Burke) and the other was the apartment style which had 4 bedrooms/ 2 bathrooms with 2 students sharing each bathroom. I think that was Ridgecrest but I can’t remember North or South. I think if you go to the front desk of each of those building they will allow you to see the models but I would call Housing and double-check. We had someone with us so I am not sure if they will just give you a key. We visited Ferguson center and went to the bookstore and bought a bunch of UA stuff :), had lunch in the Lakeside dining hall, also had dinner in town on “The Strip” at Buffalo Phil’s which had tons of college kids - very casual place - nothing fancy - but I wanted my son to go to the places he would most likely go to as a student. We met with a Greek Ambassador because my son wants to pledge a frat. He was very helpful and gave us a lot of info regarding the pledging process. If I can think of anything else I will post it - have fun!</p>

<p>can’t do Saturday and unfortunately no official visits on Sunday</p>

<p>What would your D want to see? </p>

<p>Obviously, there aren’t any tours, but maybe the Honors College could arrange an ambassador to show you all around.</p>

<p>Would that interest you?</p>

<p>If so, please quickly send an email to:</p>

<p>Honors Recruitment
Allison Verhine
Coordinator
269 Nott Hall
205-348-5534
<a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Susan Alley
Assistant Coordinator
270 Nott Hall
205-348-5599
<a href=“mailto:susan.alley@ua.edu”>susan.alley@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Sometimes mail goes to their SPAM folders, so call them if you haven’t heard back within a few business days. These ladies do an excellent job and work very hard.</p>

<p>give your D’s details and your visit date. Ask if someone could show you around.</p>

<p>Where are you coming from?</p>

<p>Because you’re coming on a Sunday when there won’t be profs around to talk to or even campus tours (unless we can get an ambassador), we’re not sure what you’re asking. </p>

<p>Are you asking what you should see on campus…particular bldgs? maybe the Bruno Business Library? some dorms? Will your D be in honors?</p>

<p>Are you asking about things around T-town? The Riverwalk? Bear Bryant Museum (on campus)? restaurants? shopping?</p>

<p>there’s restaurant and hotel info here.
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1156069-bama-area-restaurant-guide.html?highlight=restaurants[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1156069-bama-area-restaurant-guide.html?highlight=restaurants&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>She is just trying to get an overall feel for the campus. We are coming from Connecticut. I think we just want to see some specific building, library, school of business building, cafeteria, hopefully a dorm room etc, then we will wing it from there by just speaking to random students etc.</p>

<p>I would park the car and walk…The campus will be a little “sleepy” due to A Day activities the day before. Download a map off of the internet and just make a big loo…starting at the Quad going over past the Ferg and then to Bryant Denny …past Tut and Sorority row…Do the Walk of Fame…Denny Chimes and then you can walk to the Rec (a hike) or drive over past the Nursing School, Rec, softball complex…along the way you will see the Basketball Coliseum and the Baseball Stadium. If you pop in the parking lot between the baseball stadium and the Basket ball Coliseum you can see the National championship trophy in the window of the coaches offices!
I’d go to the strip (its just on the edge of campus…walking there isn’t hard)…eat lunch there…maybe Buffalo Phil where you can sit outside …it should be nice…you can drive through downtown.<br>
Softball has a game that day…at 1:30.
Enjoy…it’s a lovely campus…the weather will be spectacular! Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>The campus is gorgeous so just aimlessly walking around satisfied me, although i had a bunch of planned stuff the next few days when i visited ua. But go to the softball game. They should be #1 but are getting screwed so they are #2 in the country haha. </p>

<p>I personally advise you to eat dinner at Deplama’s in downtown tuscaloosa. Best food i have ever eaten. Also its a very cool building.</p>

<p>My D is doing the exact same thing on Sunday! She found the audio walking tour and is planning to use that. Not sure exactly where she found it - perhaps UA’s website?</p>

<p>Here is a link to the ipod tour: [iTour</a> Bama - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://itour.ua.edu/]iTour”>http://itour.ua.edu/)</p>