One of the best books I've read in the last 6 months is . .

@skieurope, interesting! I’ll watch for it.

Finished the first 3 Robert Galbraith/Rowling books. Enjoyed all 3 and looking forward to the next coming out on Audible soon. The narrator is excellent. Just started the Ann Cleeves Vera Stanhope series. Loving The Crow Trap.

Just finished Fredrik Backman’s Us Against You, the sequel to Beartown. Couldn’t put it down. Can’t wait for the third book in the trilogy.

Since I read mostly biography and history, for those like minded, I recommend “The Plantagents” by Dan Jones. Family feudalism (:, games of thrones, told in a lively manner but not dumbed down.

I will look that up …btw how do you pronounce Plantagents? I do it Plan Tah gen ets.

I concur with Us Against You. I was not aware that he’s planning a third in the series, or at least that such has been announced. But I’ll be happy to be proven wrong.

Thanks for the suggestion, @TatinG. I have been watching “Henry VI: The Hollow Crown,” a Great Performances show on PBS, and the Plantagenets play a significant role in the intrigue and bloodshed.

Someone here suggested the book “Lucky Boy,” which I had never heard of. I just finished it. Thank you, someone!

Whoops. Its Plantagenets. I left out syllable. :frowning:

I just ordered *The Flight Attendant * on audio book because of the recommendations here. Hopefully it will get me back on the bike after a whole lot of travel that has interfered with my attempts to get my mileage back up.

Just finished Anne Tyler’s “Clock Dance” and liked it. I think she made a conscious decision to have the setting feel more accurately contemporary, with cell phones, wifi, etc in evidence. The usual quirky characters, and her spot on descriptions of people, including their behavior.

Much, much better than Vinegar Hill.

Just finished The Lido by Page, Libby and loved it - if you like a man called ove - this book is for you. Sweat endearing characters. I think it is my favorite book of the year (and it has been a good one for me - lots of books I have really liked)

Jit’s finished “In The Shadow Of Statues” by Mitch Landrieu. About his battle as New Orleans mayor to remove confederate stairs from the city, and also rebuilding after Katrina. Also talks about growing up in NOLA and his time as Lieutenant Governor when Katrina hit. I really enjoyed it — he has some interesting things to say race & politics in America and the South.

“Need to Know” by Karen Cleveland. Really good.

Enjoyed The Flight Attendant. Thanks to those who recommended.

“Sing, Unburied, Sing,” by Jesmyn Ward.

Anyone read something light and cheery recently? I love historical fiction, but most can be down right heavy.

Just finished the second book of the trilogy “remembrance of the earth’s past” - “the dark forest”. I am not a big sci-fi reader but these two books, esp. this one, are just wonderfully written with great imaginations and good storytelling. Can’t wait to start book 3!

“My Ex-Life” by Stephen McCauley is light, if not always cheery. It kept my attention and didn’t leave me feeling depressed.

@rosered55
“My ex-life” has quite a few funny passages and likable characters, I am happy about its ending. Also some interesting parts about college application to boot. Quick read.