Opinions on Stetson?

<p>I applied to Stetson because I was offered to submit a free application and got accepted. However I don't know much about it. Does anyone have any experiences with Stetson, either good or bad? I have a friend who goes there who doesn't like it but he doesn't really have a reason.</p>

<p>They also offered me a free application! I haven’t finished my application though.</p>

<p>I applied with the free application and was accepted too, congrats! Did you join the university group on facebook? I live nearby so I’ve been on multiple visits throughout my life (no kidding. I used to go to this summer program in 4th grade that they had for kids who did good on the FCAT). It’s a really pretty campus, but I can’t say I like the palm trees around the fountain area. That’s really nit picky though. Until I get my decision from FSU, I’m not sure if I really want to go to Stetson. The campus tour was sorta bad because the tour guides were just clueless like come on you guys can do better than this. We saw a dorm and it was nice. Sorta small, but it was in one of the not-as-nice buildings. It’s really green everywhere, and the buildings are super pretty. The admissions reps are informed (and can give you a better look at Stetson than the guides I got) plus since you’re accepted you should totally do an overnight visit. I recently scheduled one and it’s like on select monday through wednesdays, it’s mostly so I can really REALLY get a feel of the place since I’m not too sure how I’d like living so close to home. The campus is around 30 miles away from my home, so it’s a good half an hour drive and as I’ve mentioned, it’s a familiar place, and I’m turned off by the thought of going somewhere I’m familiar with. What’s really reeling is the thought of small classes so a more personal feel with the professor and your classmates, rather than a 500 student hall where the only time you could talk to your prof is during their office hours. Also apparently Stetson has a pretty good greek life.
All in all it’s a really beautiful campus with a personal feel and nice extras. There are downs to any university, but I think with this one it comes down to how you’d like class size. Tbh I really like the thought of large class sizes which is pushing me away from stetson, plus the distance. It’s that whole “experience away from home” thing.</p>

<p>Thanks a bunch. Hopefully I can make it down there for a visit soon. Should I join the facebook group even if I’m not sure that ill be going there?</p>

<p>Hello,
I think you should join the Facebook group because it will allow you to get to know other students who are thinking about coming to Stetson. When it comes to the school, I absolutely love it. Needless to say, this isn’t how it’s always been. I first came to Stetson and was uneasy about class sizes, the size of the school, the location of the school etc., however, as I continued through my first semester, I came to absolutely love it. It comes down to whether you would rather go through college feeling as part of a family where everyone knows your name, or would you rather go through college individually as a number, and not a name? At Stetson, you can walk around and there’s no doubt that you will recognize most of the people you walk by. By the time graduation comes around, every class has become very close and inseparable. Aside from student life, the academics are amazing. The classes are hard, but the teachers are there to help you 24/7, literally. Learning takes place during field trips, in the class room, and virtually. The way the classes are held here really helps you prepare for the real world in regards to time management, leadership skills, and etiquette. Another thing I love about Stetson is that the classes and organizations really enable you to become a leader. Before I came here, I was very quiet and shy. I knew where I wanted to go in life but I didn’t know how to get there so I didn’t really do anything about it. Three years later, I am a junior and have had over 5 internships, 3 leadership positions, a good GPA, and more friendships with students, faculty and advisors than I could ever imagine. I absolutely love Stetson because of how much it has helped me as a person to grow. I hope this helps! Sorry it’s long, I just can’t express how much Stetson can do for you!</p>

<p>Hello,
I think you should join the Facebook group because it will allow you to get to know other students who are thinking about coming to Stetson. When it comes to the school, I absolutely love it. Needless to say, this isn’t how it’s always been. I first came to Stetson and was uneasy about class sizes, the size of the school, the location of the school etc., however, as I continued through my first semester, I came to absolutely love it. It comes down to whether you would rather go through college feeling as part of a family where everyone knows your name, or would you rather go through college individually as a number, and not a name? At Stetson, you can walk around and there’s no doubt that you will recognize most of the people you walk by. By the time graduation comes around, every class has become very close and inseparable. Aside from student life, the academics are amazing. The classes are hard, but the teachers are there to help you 24/7, literally. Learning takes place during field trips, in the class room, and virtually. The way the classes are held here really helps you prepare for the real world in regards to time management, leadership skills, and etiquette. Another thing I love about Stetson is that the classes and organizations really enable you to become a leader. Before I came here, I was very quiet and shy. I knew where I wanted to go in life but I didn’t know how to get there so I didn’t really do anything about it. Three years later, I am a junior and have had over 5 internships, 3 leadership positions, a good GPA, and more friendships with students, faculty and advisors than I could ever imagine. I absolutely love Stetson because of how much it has helped me as a person to grow. I hope this helps! Sorry it’s long, I just can’t express how much Stetson can do for you!</p>