Optional Personal Statement Help

I was wondering if it’s even worth writing the optional personal statement for my application. UofA is my top school and I don’t want to chance my admission but I have a 3.71 GPA and a 30 ACT, so I don’t know if writing a personal statement would change anything. Not to mention, I don’t have any circumstances similar to the ones the prompt mentions to talk about. Thanks!

Look carefully at the admissions website – have you met the ABOR requirements? If not, and if it’s not obvious from your course list, write about how you will meet them during senior year or your first semester of college.

Otherwise, if you are an Arizona resident graduating from an Arizona high school you have assured admission with those stats. If you are out of state, they do the holistic review, but for all intents and purposes you are in.

If you are applying to a major that requires a second review (Engineering, Fine Arts, Architecture, Nursing) write about how you are a fit for that major. (Read the appropriate admissions information before writing the essay so you know what they are looking for.)

It truly is optional with those stats, though. Don’t sweat it too much.

I had a 3.6 and a 1210 SAT when I applied and got in without the optional statement. Granted, I thought I didn’t want to go there (but ended up attending anyway), so I didn’t care. I’m out of state, too. You’re definitely going to get in, but if you’re concerned, suck it up and write a personal statement.