Orientation

<p>We are going to VT on 07/17 and 07/18 for orientation. We are coming from south florida and there are some good deals on flights on Southwest if you don't mind driving a little. Tickets to roanoke are not cheap. The cheapest i found was $512 r/t each. On the Amex deal we will end up in Charlotte, NC.. you can't beat 402 r/t for both. I have also scheduled to spend the night of 17th in a campus dorm and eat the same food as the students..</p>

<p>You'll probably be eating at D2 since that's what I remember them having open for orientation. It's (in my opinion) the third best hall on campus, so just because the food there isn't amazing don't think that we overstate the "#1 food in the country" thing. West End is what gets us that award, and they don't open it up until classes actually start.</p>

<p>How close is the nearest airport to tech?</p>

<p>Roanoke is about 35-40 minutes away. Richmond is about a 3 hour drive. Charlotte, NC is about 3 hours also.</p>

<p>do you know if delta flies regularly out of roanake? and isnt there a airport in christianburg?</p>

<p>esmitty,
USAir, Delta, Northwest and United (express) have flights most days. Of course you connect through another airport (there is nothing non-stop unless you live in connecting city). Airport website is Roanoke</a> Regional Airport. Christiansburg does not have an airport that I am aware of. VT has a small airport, but it is only for small planes.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if the VT airport has an FBO where you can rent planes? I have a private pilots license and would really love to do some mountain flying while I'm at Tech. If they do offer rentals, can anyone tell me how steep the rates are?</p>