Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>No news at all from either of my kids in quite a while, so nothing to report. </p>

<p>Glad to hear the dads are improving, G#. </p>

<p>Happy weekend to all.</p>

<p>Also glad to hear a good report for the G# dads.</p>

<p>And so the admissions process begins again… as I write this, D is taking the GRE. S (college '11) has been working for the past 2 years but has decided to apply to law school. He’s taking a practice LSAT exam today, to begin preparing for the Oct 5 exam. If he does well on the real LSAT he’ll apply to a few law schools later this fall, and if he gets in he’ll leave his job next summer. I keep telling myself that by next summer we’ll know where they’re both going (literally and figuratively).</p>

<p>good morning all! coffee is ready!</p>

<p>P56, thanks for the coffee!</p>

<p>Laf - hope your D did well on her GRE, and good luck to your S when he takes the LSAT next month!</p>

<p>GSharp - did your DW and Ds enjoy the concert?</p>

<p>Yay for the good report from your D2’s internship boss.</p>

<p>Glad for the good news about your father and FIL, and sorry about your future SIL’s arm.</p>

<p>tx5 - congrats to your D and enjoy your last day of vacation!</p>

<p>Happy Sunday to all.</p>

<p>G#: I’m so happy that both the dads are doing better! And I really want to know what you did to your future SIL to cause him to break his arm :wink: </p>

<p>Both kiddos are moved in for the 2013-14 year. All is well. Today was the first day of the empty nest. Which apparently consists of catching up with laundry & finding flat surfaces underneath piles of stuff.</p>

<p>good morning…coffee is ready!</p>

<p>Thanks for the coffee, P56. </p>

<p>I’ve been away from this thread recently due to some real life matters. But, like to stop by and see my peeps. </p>

<p>I’m glad G#'s dads are improving.</p>

<p>I finally got a new job. I start on Sept 9. What a relief. Remember how happy I was to start this current job in January 2011? Wow. Now I’m glad to be leaving. </p>

<p>Have a great Monday!</p>

<p>Thanks for the coffee, p56. We managed to connect with our kids this weekend, and all is well with them. We are looking forward to seeing them - we will see D on Wednesday when we get to Minneapolis, and probably S on Friday when his research gig at school is finished.</p>

<p>Hope everyone has a good week. DB - hope you are celebrating the new job.</p>

<p>M…I…Z First day back in class in Mizzou. S has class today & Wednesdays from 9:00 until almost 6:00 pm. The other days’ schedules aren’t near as bad. The shuttle won’t run that late to his apartment though, so he has to drive to campus twice a week. He was better off paying ‘day’ parking in one of the garages than getting an actual permit. We’ll see how that goes.</p>

<p>Remember my rotten neighbors? Their nephews threw 2 bricks through my other neighbors windows about 7:30 last night. The boys are around 9. :rolleyes:</p>

<p>Open House tonight at D15’ high school. Her classes begin Wednesday.</p>

<p>Wow, Checkers. Sounds like bad genes in the entire family! :(</p>

<p>Good shopping today…college S needed a new swimsuit so I went shopping. Wandered into the ladies section as well, intending to look at a suit for me with <em>gasp</em> a little skirt action (yes, I’ve reached that age.) To my delight, I discovered they are now thinking of us aging boomers and selling cute tankini tops and a multitude of flattering and non-fussy black or navy skirt/short bottoms. You don’t have to buy the entire suit in one size! You can wear different tops with the basic skort! </p>

<p>Guess I should go shopping more often. :D</p>

<p>I’m kind of liking the swim dresses now too…</p>

<p>S10 called & reported in on the new classes. So far, they are quite interesting & he thinks he’ll like them. Well, good. :)</p>

<p>DougBetsy, Congrats on the new job!</p>

<p>Congrats DB!</p>

<p>I’ve been wearing tankinis with tennis-type skirted bottoms for a few years now. Bought one to wear to a water park so I could walk around without a cover up or shorts, and fell in love with it. </p>

<p>In COLLEGE news, D and a friend made the 13 1/2 hour drive back to campus safely yesterday. She’ll be living in the same apartment as last year, and she found it in good shape (as it should be, I hated paying rent for 3 months she wasn’t there but that’s the way it goes). She has a week to grocery shop, get ready for classes and look for a part time job. I’m sure there will be no pre-Senior year partying going on… none at all. :rolleyes:</p>

<p>The GRE was a mixed bag. She plans to take it again. She said she’d have done so much better if she just had more time. :(</p>

<p>good morning all, coffee is ready! foggy grey day here</p>

<p>S2 has a busy week… mcat thursday, honors college retreat thurs to saturday, will help with freshman move in saturday, classes start monday</p>

<p>Congrats D&B on the new job!</p>

<p>Checkers - glad your S is starting the new school year off well.</p>

<p>Laf - I hated paying the summer rent every year when D was not in the apartment during the summer. Fingers crossed for the next GRE.</p>

<p>P56 - your S is one busy guy!</p>

<p>D1 arrived home from NYC last night. We only get her for 8 days so we are going to make the most and enjoy every minute.</p>

<p>Dropping by to say hello. Trying to clean up a few things at work so I can head off on my vacation with a clear conscience (and less chance of constant emails). </p>

<p>Best to all those moving in and starting up. As I’ve already noted, S hasn’t even come home yet, so it seems funny to me.</p>

<p>I haven’t tried the skirt-bottom bathing suit yet. It’s probably time, though.</p>

<p>Happy Tuesday to all.</p>

<p>Just checking in on my week off. Feeling a bit bored since it is the week between the end of summer classes and starting for the fall. </p>

<p>I did well in my last summer class so technically I have finished all of the classes for my Associates but the term doesn’t end until the weekend I think? Just waiting for the system to recognize everything. But it feels good to be done and moving on :D</p>

<p>Congrats to you, mdem!! Finished and moving on is a great place to be.</p>

<p>woohoo congrats mdem!!!</p>

<p>coffee is ready!</p>