Parents of the HS Class of 2017 (Part 1)

@HappyGoLucky2017 The more the merrier! Welcome!

@HappyGoLucky2017 Welcome!!

@HappyGoLucky2017 Hello and welcome!!

@HappyGoLucky2017 Welcome and Congratulations on the acceptances!

Hi fellow parents. I, too, have been reading faithfully for years, and have finally decided to join in on the
conversation. I literally start my day each morning reading what all the other moms and dads on this group are up to! My son has applied early to 6 schools, and we are awaiting decisions at all of them.

Welcome to all the newcomers!

@HappyGoLucky123 @collegeboundmass Welcome aboard. Keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times.

We have an app that specifically states that the Honors College will not accept LORs via Naviance. We also have a GC who states she will only submit her LOR via Naviance. Which one will bend?

Welcome newcomers! @collegeboundmass !

@collegeboundmass Hello and welcome, too! Are you considering adding an image to your user name? I tend to remember other members by their images not by their names. If someone changes the image, I get so confused! I also tend to believe that the images they choose must reflect who they are. Soā€¦ @hadmeathello , you are very pretty!!

yep

@STEM2017 Hahahahahahahaha!!! YES!!!

This old thing? I only wear it when I donā€™t care how I look!

Great suggestion @HiToWaMom. Iā€™m a Disney addict, so this definitely represents me!

The best part of having all applications in way ahead of schedule is that the stress of getting them done has fallen completely off the chart.

The downside is waiting for an answer for so long. OMG, the suspense is killing me. LOL. Canā€™t they just hurry it up already!!

Not much new news on our end. Semester ended last week, son had a late rally and managed to get decent enough grades- some As and and a few Bā€™s. Fine.

It needs to snow asap so I can move on to something else to obsess about. Hopefully Iā€™ll check the snow forecasts and ski reports more frequently than I check Naviance and school portals.

Congrats to you people with kids that have gotten acceptances so far.

Welcome newbs!

Can I just say Iā€™m surprised with the number of members who are enamored with Disney? I think it is a necessary evil when you have little kids, but as an adult? Ick.

Too bad, I just said it. [-( :D/

(OK, I liked Pirates of the Caribbean :ar! )

Love Disney, when we do it right. Always brings out the kid in me. Always.

I wanted to come out of the woods too!! I have been following CC and this thread for more than a year. I have b/g twins in the middle of the application season! I have learned so much from this thread. My son thought I needed to branch out from my Disney obsession so I just switched to college planning last year. I donā€™t think he thought that through! Now I chase them around with my binder and hassle them about essays.
We live in Virginia so we have some great instate options. A couple of EA applications in and trying to get them all finished by Thanksgiving.
Anyway hello!!

Lucky me, my DS wasnā€™t into Disney that much. He fell for Elmo when he was little =))

I also encourage everyone to upload an image. It does make it quicker and easier to recognize people. I made myself a South Park avatar, but anything works. (Okay, not anythingā€¦)

Disney World will always have a special place in my heart because that is where D17 said her own name for the first time ever. She was 2 1/2 and couldnā€™t say multi-syllabic words (autism-related), so she had one syllable names for each family member but had never said her name. At Disney she named all of us, then put her hand on her chest and said the last syllable of her name. It was a thrilling moment.

As a family we now prefer Universal but havenā€™t been there for quite a while. I hope our Men in Black skillz have not deteriorated too much!

@HappyGoLucky2017, @collegeboundmass and @twoforone99 , glad to have you here! The more points of view the better whether the conversation is funny, serious, big, small, college-related, or what-have-you.

OK, Iā€™d take Disney over Elmo. Or Caillou.