Parents of the HS Class of 2017 (Part 1)

S accepted to BC Carroll School of Management.

need to do my research. I know less about this than others…

Good thing I called UVM. S17 actually DID check his email (shocker), logged into the portal (bigger shocker) and found scholarship info there.

$15K presidential. Which matches the NPC and is about as good as I could have expected for his stats and while frankly, that’s still not “affordable” it is one I am much much more likely to consider stretching the budget for and that he is willing to work and save for over summers. It will also motivate him to nail the AP tests lol. I was very concerned it would be less given how much they weight rank for the OOS scholarships and our school doesn’t rank! Any less and it would have been off the table.

Congrats to everyone on their acceptances and scholarships, big hugs to the deferrals/rejections, and fingers crossed for those still forbearing until their C17s check the portals.

@LoveTheBard, hope you are dancing all night long…

For those of us scoring at home re: BC Gabelli Scholars Program, the helpful BC admin rep confirms the notification is physical only:

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/boston-college/1946200-gabelli-presidential-scholarship-notification.html#latest

@MACncheez that was the best LOL all day

DS is also in Northeastern with 27K Honors scholarship, making COA 40K, twice of In-state Flagship. $-) :-/

Congratulations on many acceptances! <:-P <:-P

HUGS to disappointing news @RightCoaster and others =((

@Dave_N great news with BC and housing to boot! <:-P

@twoforone99 sorry about the deferral

Congrats on northeastern @MotherOfDragons @carachel2 and @payn4ward <:-P

Congrats @BigPapiofthree =D>

D17 got an letter today with CONGRATULATIONS! handwritten across it. I anxiously awaited her to get home from study group. She quickly tore it open, and screeched: “Oh, yay!”. It was a $25 dollar gift card to Target for winning a coloring contest (a turkey) that she entered while at the doctor’s office last month. She was soooo excited. Much more so than some of the school notifications she’s received!

I’ll post her picture on FB for those over there :slight_smile:

Congrats to all of the acceptances!

D was deferred by Princeton. She thinks she rocked the calc final though. Now she has to finish those last 3 apps.

@Dolemite - Sorry to hear about the deferral. Here’s hoping for a positive RD to Princeton and any/everywhere else D is considering.

D got into VANDERBILT!!! We are over the moon. :smiley:

Sweet @greeny8! Congrats! Roll…hmmmm… :-?

@greeny8 Big congrats to your D!!!

Congrats @greeny8!

We have a family member there–they love it!

Congratulations @greeny8 @carachel2 !!!

Congrats to all! I have liked and commiserated through three pages of news, hope I didn’t miss anybody.

I hope @vandyeyes checks in soon with news! Congrats @greeny8.

One of D’s closest friends got into Harvey Mudd ED! We are all thrilled for her. It was far and away her top choice.

Congratulations @MotherOfDragons @payn4ward @BigPapiofthree @Dave_N

Wow…busy with a friend for a few hours and came back pages of announcements. Reading everyone’s responses was like riding a roller coaster in pitch black, though, bc I would never have suspected some of the deferrals. I am super surprised by some of them. Hugs to all your kids as they process the news. I am sure some of them are taking it harder than others. It is hard to imagine what it took to be accepted.

Happy dancing for all of the acceptances, Happy that at least some of our crew have reasons to celebrate tonight!

(Gosh, didn’t think I would feel so connected to all of your kids and their announcements.)

@Mom2aphysicsgeek Me too! It does feel like a virtual family around here.