Parents of the HS Class of 2017 (Part 1)

I was surprised to see schools like Skidmore and Beloit listed as having spots available. It’s great news for kids who got shut out of their first go-round, but a bit surprising nonetheless!

There are some good options on the list this year.

@sdl0625 Welcome to the GW Family! You should join the “GW Parents” Facebook (closed group). Great resource! My sweet girl is finishing her freshmen year and we/she loves it =D>

Remember when I shared that ds thought he had aced the physics GRE? He just texted me a screenshot bc he got his score this morning. 960!! :slight_smile: Roll Tide!

@Mom2aphysicsgeek That’s quite a score he got! Congrats to him!

@Mom2aphysicsgeek - Congrats for 92 percentile score!!

@MotherOfDragons We had intended a celebratory bonfire of D’s college spam at her graduation party. However, the senior class has decided to “donate” their collective spam to their college counselors instead. :wink:

@Mom2aphysicsgeek I just looked up that score to interpret it. WOW!!!

:frowning: D got into her first car accident ever on her way to school today. She’s ok. They took her to hosp for xray and mostly she’s just very sore and said it was the most terrifying experience. I’m pretty sure the car is totaled, airbags deployed, been on the phone all morning with various parties. Just when things were going so well it’s tough to see her so upset over it. The other driver also went to hospital and supposedly is ok.

Things are looking up at this moment. B/f came over, they watched some tv and now she’s having lunch. Just tough to watch her being so shook up - I’m very calm in a crisis - so I worry more about the anxiety more than the physical stuff (though I will be on concussion watch.)

We tried to cheer her up with stories of other accident’s we’ve had in the past; telling her it’s a ‘rite of passage;’ and ‘you just wanted to cut school today’!

She came out of her first accident not much worse for wear. That’s great. I think she’ll be much more careful from now on.

@Fishnlines29 – so sorry to hear of your D’s accident, but glad to know that she is physically OK. Good luck with car hassles now.

@Fishnlines29 So sorry to hear about your Ds accident. While I agree that it is a rite of passage, it’s still scary as hell, and having to go to the hospital makes it only more so. Glad she is feeling a bit better. Do be sure to get her “back on the horse” as soon as you can otherwise she may psych herself out about driving [btdt and it’s no fun].

@Fishnlines29 Hugs and thankful prayers that she’s ok.

@Fishnlines29 Wow, so scary! Glad she is relatively OK.

@Fishnlines29 glad your d is okay and agreeing with those who said you need to get her back on the horse. Scary as this is, better now than later in the summer. My d had an accident 2 days before she left for college and that was terrible timing. She still doesn’t like to drive.

Well, in fairness to your D, @KAMmom, it might not be the accident—I’ve never had an accident (or a ticket!) in ~30 years of driving, and I still don’t like to drive! :slight_smile:

@Fishnlines29 oh how scary. I am so glad she is ok!

@Fishnlines29 - So sorry about the accident - glad she’s okay and I echo the get back on the horse sentiment.

@dfbdfb that’s so true! My d didn’t like to drive before the accident either. But now she really doesn’t like driving and does it only when she can’t find another way to get somewhere. On the plus side, she rode her bike to and from work last summer and was in great shape by the end of the summer!

Glad your D is OK @Fishnlines29.

My son has only backed into some shrubbery a few times, scratching the entire side of MY car. Thankfully he was not injured by the shrub nor me… Lol.

@Fishnlines29 - S18 had his first accident yesterday. He rolled into an intersection (didn’t completely stop at sign and had his front bumper cover taken off. No air bags and no injuries. Just a broken car and a sore ego. Sorry to hear about your D.