Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

Isn’t that UVA? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: kidding, of course. I do know about Wahoos.

Congrats again to all the new Griffins.

4 Likes

He was accepted!!! He figured it out, called us from work and said, “I got in!” His dad said, “To the portal?!?” :rofl:

40 Likes

Congratulations @MOMom3XYs ! I have to admit I was nervous when you said he hadn’t setup his portal yet! Kids :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

@MOMom3XYs - Congrats to your son!!! And so happy for your family!!!

2 Likes

Haha! Just a southern “woo hoo”, lol!!! (But now I know a fact about UVA!)

2 Likes

I feel relieved! Ha! Congratulations! I was worried with all the build up we were adding too much pressure for a let down.

3 Likes

Congrats! Wonderful news for your son and family!

3 Likes

Okay, now that we know they got in I can ask-which colleges have you heard track portal log ins?! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@3SailAway :clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4: Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Lehigh! Dickinson! I am sure there are more!

4 Likes

Congratulations!! lol I also had to google the mascot figure out the school.

2 Likes

Congratulations! So happy for you!

1 Like

Congratulations!

@purplemama And what’s the significance of log ins? Do frequent log ins show interest?

@rbc2018 They show OCD! I don’t know checking often mattets; my older son didn’t even set his up for months and still got in to those places. (Though, he wasn’t aiming at the very top).

4 Likes

@MOMom3XYs
@inthegarden
@3SailAway

Wonderful news! Congrats to your kids!!

2 Likes

I was asking @Mwfan1921 since she mentioned they track and she named a couple of schools- Davidson and Lehigh. I would definitely gather they are tracking interest. I’m wondering who else tracks?

2 Likes

Yes, some schools do track portal logins as one measure of demonstrated interest. It would only be for those schools where demonstrated interest matters. Lehigh is/was known as one of those schools.

I have asked my D21 to occasionally log into her schools just to be safe.

2 Likes

Notre Dame reporting on a webinar tonight REA is up 8%; RD so far up 10%. URM / low income not up and they are doing outreach.

4 Likes

Congratulations!