Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

We’ve never looked up Penn State. UPenn, maybe.

I am not so sure where they get this info. Maybe from Coalition or Common App?

What schools?

1 Like

Michigan just sent my son an email talking about a return to residential fall semester. That’s nice, but how about admitting him first!

11 Likes

Penn State sent one recently? And promised a quick decision?
That surprises me, I would expect small struggling schools to do that sort of thing.

1 Like

My brother went to Sacred Heart! Not for PT lol but he loved it!

1 Like

After all my woe’s me…we finally got an acceptance and earlier than the rumor had predicted. UC Irvine today.

I wanna thank @123Mom123 who’s been the real deal and my virtual support from FL!

42 Likes

Congrats! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Great news! Now you see acceptances will be rolling in next two weeks from all UCs and you will be confused as to which one to choose from!

2 Likes

Well this merit chasing single mom is doing the happy dance!

D received a 4.5K renewable scholarship from the electrical/computer engineering dept today.
This added with the 9K from admission and 14K from College of engineering= 27,500 renewable!!!
It is good to be loved. Texas Tech engineering coming through!

44 Likes

Our winning streak is over. And I’m the only one in the house that gives a S. UC Irvine wasn’t very high on D21’s list, in fact, it was probably near the bottom, but I wanted to go undefeated.:weight_lifting_woman:

6 Likes

Woo hoo!!! Congrats to your D!!!
Yay!!!

1 Like

Aww so sorry. I think ours is about to end tomorrow with our first of what is probably more soon to come rejections!

1 Like

You made me smile!!! I hear ya! But…am glad you are the only one in the family who cares! (But from one mom to another, I hear ya!)
Hugs!!!
Now, onward and upward!!!

1 Like

You’ve got Cal Poly though!

1 Like

I can relate. I care more than both of mine about the whole thing. They are both mostly fine with going anywhere they applied.

4 Likes

Mine did not apply to Irvine. I told them that I did not think they would enjoy the location.

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

Exactly! Irvine wasn’t 1b or 1c on her/our list. Our HS has had notoriously poor results from Irvine.

FWIW, D18 applied to Irvine and was waitlisted. And she was accepted to three Top 20’s. Something about Irvine. I’m sure she’ll have other rejections in the next 2-3 weeks.

1 Like