Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

Yeah they’re about to get shut down :wink:

2 Likes

Once your S/D is admitted and the process begins to try to vet these options with out visits/admitted students programs on campus, is it “okay” for a parent to email admissions with questions. My older daughter had tons of parent programming at the admitted students program for the school she ended up attending and we could visit healthcare, residence life, academic departments, etc to ask questions and feel comfortable supporting our child’s attendance. One question is if we can visit unofficially or if visitors flat out aren’t allowed on grounds at sell. But also questions about fit and programming.

Today I learned that I can enforce a wait time on responses on a thread. Testing on UCB. :grin:

18 Likes

Fancy!

2 Likes

Is that like time out? lol.

5 Likes

I just want to find out the UCB release time, pick up our rejection and then move on. But you have to sort through hundreds and hundreds of posts that are just complete nonsense. No disrespect intended to those posting the complete nonsense. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Right? I am already anxious and eating cbd gummies by the handful! Waiting on 3 decisions that will probably drop in the same 30 minutes. I go over there for info and my blood pressure rises by the post. Somebody just let us know when UCB is out.

1 Like

Haha soon you guys will just get like FB and just start post approval! I am an admin on a few groups there and between politics and covid we had to clamp down on people posting a lot of misinformation and just fighting in general and it was not in the best interest of the group at all. We only wish we had done it sooner!

1 Like

Well, being wrong is not against ToS. And every year, to no avail, I try to tell applicants about the urban legends. Honestly, these kids think they we the very first person in the history of the universe to come up with the idea.

The fake acceptances and the nastiness, however, I don’t tolerate.

7 Likes

My daughter got into UVA OOS today… she was named a Rodman engineering scholar.

Today she also found out that she received the $2500 scholarship from the National Merit Scholarship program! Only 2500 of the 15,000 NMFs receive it!

50 Likes

@rbc2018 Yup. I think you have to have documentation. Many of my Native American friends have this document and I think you have to meet a min %

@RockyPA Congrats!! UVA is such an amazing engr school.

4 Likes

I will say there seem to be more hacks this year that actually do work.

5 Likes

This Berkeley one seems true.

2 Likes

D21 in at Lehigh! BC coming in less than an hour. Whirlwind.

25 Likes

BC is out

My S’s best friend found out in EA he got into that program (that none of us knew existed). It sounds amazing! Congrats!!!

2 Likes

Dang. My son will be the kid to reject Berkeley. He got in. Did they make a mistake?!

37 Likes

I didn’t bother to read all of the comments, but I think there may have been a 5-min. timeout on the thread too because it was getting so stressful and crazy.

Also interesting in the UCB discussion was speculation about messages in the portal before decisions released and whether that was any indication of the decision.

1 Like

That’s correct. My daughters are both 1/16th Navajo, and they do not qualify. I’m flabbergasted that a student would try to masquerade like that.

1 Like