Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

I prefer ecstatics!

1 Like

That’s great!

1 Like

DD in to BC!! And declined her “safety” admission w merit award right afterwards, so hopefully that helps someone.

26 Likes

Congrats to all the admits and Hugs to the rest…There are still so many more to go here. Hopefully the next 2 weeks brings good news for those waiting on a win.

4 Likes

I am pulling up my seat at WL bar curtesy of Williams.

15 Likes

Breaking up the WINNING PART II:

We received our rejection from Cal (UC Berkeley). It can’t all good news here 24/7. :grinning:

9 Likes

You are in good company!

3 Likes
6 Likes

Miami’s division for parent relations is amazing. They deserve a raise after this pandemic!

2 Likes

S got another WL spot at Boston College, which made me nervous because Notre Dame is tomorrow and he goes to Catholic school. :grimacing:. Also an unsurprising rejection from Williams. The way this is playing out we could be summer movement kind of people.

Congrats to all on the admits today! :tada:

9 Likes

Just visited UVA (an admit) today after visiting UNC (a waitlist) yesterday. Long day as we try to make it home to Chicago after some bad weather in Charlotte but definitely make the trip if you’re able. What a gorgeous campus UVA is. It was much bigger than I expected but we had great weather and found someone to take us around and we were able to get in some buildings and get a real sense of the campus, life and options. My son would be in Engineering and while that’s not what they’re known for, the idea to me of not being pigeon holed in that one area gives it an advantage over some schools that are Tech heavy.

There were also a surprisingly decent amount of students around eating outside or just walking around whereas at UNC it was completely dead. Deader even than during a summer visit and parts of the grassy areas of UNC campus just didn’t seem well maintained which maybe is just this year. I did like that both has open air tents for eating outside as well which was a nice touch. We also took a quick look at Duke which had many students in groups all over the place which based on them just being on lockdown this was a little surprising but also seemed more normalized than at least UNC.

My son also found out today that he is a James Scholar at UIUC which wasn’t expected since he didn’t get in for his first choice major so I don’t think that’s a game changer but was definitely a nice surprise and good way to end the day.

The toughest time for decisions are going to be over the next 12 or so days! Good luck to everyone!

15 Likes

Congratulations!

Very good information. Can I PM you to get more information about UVA from you?

Yes, we both are here to talk about much waited rejections and WL.

awaited

UCLA is better for getting good grades. UCB is VERY TOUGH on grading.

1 Like

@srparent15 UVA engineering is solid. Job placement is great from there.

Of course!

1 Like

This was a question we had and the girl that showed us around was from VA and chose UVA over tech specifically for one of the reasons why I would choose it. Because it’s not so tech heavy and you get a really well rounded education.

She also told us there’s a huge job/internship fair each semester and even though she stayed home first semester and was remote she was able to find an internship for this summer in civil engineering. Impressive considering the circumstances.

2 Likes

How do you PM here? I only replied to my PM and did do it originally. Lol!