Parents of the HS Class of 2022- 3.0-3.4

Intended major? Enrollment size? Any restrictions on types of colleges - single-sex, greek/no-greek, sports culture or no sports culture, music, theater, etc?

3 Likes

Youā€™re in the right place. Tell us more about the vibe and interests/major.

A few off the top of my head:

VCU
College of Charleston
Susquehanna
Goucher
Roanoke College
East Carolina
Eckerd College

1 Like

Eckerd would be a low match:
The average GPA of the recent incoming class was 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. I think that they recalculate core grades. They are test optional.

The middle 50 percent of the recent incoming class scored:

• SAT: 1100-1270
  • ACT: 23-29

UMaine, any CTCL schools. What major?

2 Likes

Undecided
Over 2,500 students
Sports presence
Co-Ed

Thanks! I hate to even say the vibe country club but there it is in all its ugliness.

His core classes are almost all AP and Honors. His EC are strong. Lots of volunteering at large fundraising events.

1 Like

St. Lawrence, Gettysburg, Quinnipiac

1 Like

And thank you for saying Iā€™m in the right place, I needed to hear that. First born was an easy acceptance at top schools/majors. This child is our youngest and a completely different kid.

1 Like

Stats too low for Gā€™burg but do you think full pay would be a hook for him?

My D had a low unweighted (decent weighted with a 31 ACT) at a respected parochial hs and got accepted with good merit, even though we were full pay. Iā€™d throw an app in. Money talks at a lot of these schools.

2 Likes

Thanks Tavern Girl! -Hope

1 Like

Honestly, both my kids were completely average students that got into some amazing schools with unexpectedly good merit. I donā€™t know why because everyone on CC told me they had no chance for admittance. So Iā€™m all for trying.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s such great news, congratulations to your children who Iā€™m sure are anything but average! Weā€™re all for trying too, weā€™ve nothing to lose. -Hope

1 Like

You are in the right place! My S has a 3.38 weighted. How about Ithaca or Marist? PS I am having my son apply to Gettysburg and a few other stretches.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know much about this schoolā€¦ but for country club vibe maybe High Pointe? @Sweetgum isnā€™t that in your neck of the woods?

Anotherā€¦ Rollins?

1 Like

High Point definitely has the country club vibe going on.

I think Roanoke College might be worth a look.

2 Likes

Rollins, Elon, Miami Ohio, Marist, Univ of Dayton, Susquehanna, Dickinson, and High Point are all beautiful schools. Some might be reaches but worth a look.

4 Likes

Charleston, Florida International, Tampa, Belmont, Susquehanna, Manhattan, Quinipiac.

4 Likes

I would add Ohio University (in Athens, OH) to the list.

1 Like