Parents of the HS Class of 2022

My child also applied to those campuses and has not received portal info. I understand that is normal.

Gumbymom has helpful info about UC portals in responses on the UC Admissions thread, including this about UCLA:

“Regarding Applicant status portals, UCLA just requires the following to access: UCLA website My Application Status page . You will need to fill in your last name, your date of birth, the city of birth you wrote on your application and your application ID”

See Class of 2026 UC General Discussion Thread

UC Berkeley just sent S22 his portal info today. Only UC to do so thus far.

But didn’t it turn out that the UCB indicator was truly an indicator?

1 Like

Same — received portal info from UCB only

1 Like

But be aware that the UCLA portal still says “application not found”, so don’t worry. Tune in after 12/15 to check.

Ha! Literally as I was typing my last response, my kid texted that an email just came from UC Davis

1 Like

Ha! Same thing for S22, UC Davis portal info arrived.

1 Like

The UCB address indicator was not an absolute indicator of admission however, it does not matter since these indicator theories pop up every year and the applicants get all worked up about them. I know for most applicants, waiting until March for their UC decisions seems like an eternity, but I guess having something to focus on while waiting, helps. Just makes my job as a UC Forum Champion difficult since I was bombarded with questions regarding if the indicators are true or not.

1 Like

I think my son also had to input some info for UCLA last year. UC Davis was late and for some reason, it went to spam folder so double check that folder.

2 Likes

Party time! D22 was accepted to her ED1!!!

62 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Yay!!! Party time. If I may ask, which one is this?

EDITED: Nevermind, just saw it in W&M thread. Many congratulations to your daughter. Looking for more such successful acceptances in next coming days from other CCers.

5 Likes

FANTASTIC!!! Congrats to her.

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

Congrats!!

1 Like

Congrats, marvelous news!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I’m looking forward to cheering you on as your kiddos move forward to the next step. Time to order that swag!!!

11 Likes

That is fantastic. Congratulations to your son (and fingers crossed for NYU).

2 Likes

Thanks much!

1 Like

Hooray @Vineyarder ! And an excellent example of a likely letter for our forum too :slight_smile:

1 Like