Parents of the HS Class of 2022

Another thing to keep in mind especially for 2021 kids many had no opportunity to take tests due to COVID. So they had no choice but to go test optional.

3 Likes

Yep, D21 had every test canceled in 2020 until her school, which normally doesn’t host tests, hastily arranged an SAT test in mid-October. And registration was a lottery for seniors only.

Big week! S22 is into 7 schools (UVA, Villanova, UMiami, FSU, UGA and TX A&M)and hears from 7 more over the next 7 days (USC, WashU, BU, Rice, Lehigh, Emory and Vandy). :face_with_peeking_eye:

40 Likes

Congrats on the nice list of acceptances!

Congratulations!!

D22’s class received a very nice email from HS GC – telling them to celebrate acceptances, to support each other, and enjoy the remainder of HS. Also said now is the time to ask LOTS of questions in order to make an informed decision. They also emailed parents to urge us to view wait lists as a rejection because of the small conversion rate to acceptances. They encouraged us to help get our kids excited about the possibilities rather than dwell on improbable outcomes and rejections. Of course, they said accept a wait list spot if you love a school, but don’t let that hope hold you from embracing a good alternative. Doesn’t apply to D22 since she was accepted to her ED1 school. but I did find it useful advice.

25 Likes

The little school that could! Rooting for y’all!

3 Likes

I’m rooting for Saint Peter’s as well! I’m actually a UVA grad, and my Hoos did not make the tourney this year. Love the Peacocks though!

3 Likes

I’m a UVA grad too!

2 Likes

Interesting, DS is in at UCSB, but not in the college of engineering (he applied CS). He got in as an undeclared major in the college of Letters and Science. I’m not sure if that would give him an opportunity to get good grades and then move into CS or not. I won’t be asking because DS is going to SLO, but I found this process interesting.

2 Likes

If you do not list an alternate major outside the College of Engineering, UCSB will admit into Undeclared. SLO is lucky to have him and wishing him the best.

Changing into CS at UCSB is not guaranteed and a difficult process.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is why they dip into the WL so much. Lot of people who applied CS got into Letters and Sciences where there is no CS major. The closest major is probably computational math.

My kids’ step-cousin applied to UCSB ME and got the Letters and Science acceptance too.

This is a big week for my D22 also! She has had 8 acceptances so far (ASU, Michigan State, UW, LMU, Gonzaga, UCDavis, Cal Poly Slo and Northeastern) 2 waitlists (UCSD & UCSB) and 1 rejection (ucla) with 9 more to go this week and next! Waiting for UC Berkeley, Lehigh, Hamilton, Middlebury, Wesleyan, USC, Lafayette, NYU & Cornell. Should be a nerve wracking 9 days! :laughing:

22 Likes

D22 was accepted to Mount Holyoke today with a dazzling financial package. This was just what she needed after last week’s wait lists.

71 Likes

Fabulous!!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Great news!

2 Likes

Congratulations!!

2 Likes

Hoping for a great week full of acceptances!

9 Likes