Parents of the HS Class of 2023 (Part 1)

It’s not you, it’s autolink, and I believe it can’t be unlinked on CC. It’s frustrating!

3 Likes

That’s nice to know so many rude kids nowadays :smiley:

3 Likes

Ok if I write Syracuse, NY maybe it won’t link? Consider this an experiment :smile:

1 Like

Nope, still does it! Lol

Hmmm… how about 'cuse?

3 Likes

Or maybe SyracuseNY or CityofSyracuse?

3 Likes

You found a successful sneaky trick! Love it!

2 Likes

@hoya91 - deferral here too for my S23. I hope your daughter is doing better today.

5 Likes

Twins both deferred - should have expected it but thought they had a chance.

One is handling it better than the other. Only choice now is to move on.

2 Likes

Deferred. On to the final sprint in handing in those RD applications.

3 Likes

For all those DEFERRED,
hang in there.

While my DS2022 basically lost all hope when he was deferred in EA by his top choice , he was accepted in RD.
So grateful as he’s exactly where he belongs!

Good luck!

12 Likes

My d was rejected by her ED school but accpeted with full tuition to another lesser ranked school. She was sad for about half an hour and is back to her cheerful self. God Bless all these kids who have put in tremendous amount of hardwork all four years and are so mature. Congrats to all kids and parents who got into their top choices and all others who are showing grit to apply to more colleges! (Love)

17 Likes

The older she gets the more she’s going to appreciate that full tuition ride. Congrats to her!

11 Likes

Great feedback and congratulations to you daughter. Funny you mentioned grit - we had that discussion around grit last night! For anyone interested, there’s a very good TED talk on grit as being most important indicator of success. Worth a quick watch.

5 Likes

That’s a “yes but”…. Maybe don’t give up hope but generally it is rare (how rare depends on the school) for a deferred ED candidate to be accepted. Maybe keep hoping but shift focus and try to love some of the RD schools!

1 Like

Denied- and I think what’s hardest is seeing all of her classmates with their acceptances, and multiple Kids to multiple Ivies. She just wants to know where she is going, but now it’s going to drag out for several more months. And we’re re-looking at the list that still needs to be sent out. A rejection with her stats, when comparable classmates all got in stings and makes one second guess their choices.

1 Like

Is that possible now? I thought HYP are SCEA and the rest are ED.

4 Likes

This!
Lot of the same high stat kids are applying to the same schools. There will be movement downstream. Friend’s son was deferred from Columbia. Got in later but decided to go to U Mich.

It sure is, I have lived a life of hurdles but grit is what got me decent success. Teach it to my kid daily. No matter what, get up, show up, work hard, be humble.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry. that is really hard - I get how you feel about the second guessing.

5 Likes