Parents of the HS Class of 2023 (Part 1)

I was accepted to wesleyan ED and from some of the talks with alumni and students it seems Wesleyan has lots of research of its own. It’s not strictly artsy and seems to put good money into the science departments. It is technically a university even though it has the vibe and size of a liberal arts college. Anyways there’s an admitted students day (wesfest) going on April 14 or 17th. It would be cool to see you guys there! (If she gets in but her application seems very strong).

I was chatting with a student who interns at the admission office on the prospective students network and she mentioned it being the 25th. Though I dont know if anything specific has been truly released.

1 Like

We heard that from the admissions office when we asked.

1 Like

We have it blocked on our calendar! We even booked the hotel, as it can be canceled with no cost. We’ll wait to book a flight until she’s officially accepted, but if she is accepted I believe that will be her top choice.

Would love to connect there!

1 Like

What major/area is your focus?

PSU. 70 mins is too close :slight_smile:
It’s nice in some ways but can make you a crutch for home sickness or other things.

Both are fine schools tho.

For those that have decisions coming today or this weekend may you all have a bit of the Luck of the Irish come your way.

19 Likes

We have a decision!

No red flags from the campus visit yesterday, and therefore D23 will be at the University of North Texas this fall.

48 Likes

Great to hear @dfbdfb. Best wishes to your daughter.

1 Like

Woohoo!!! :eagle: Yours is the second kid I know through CC who committed to Texas. It will be fantastic.

2 Likes

But she will still cheer for the Avs, right? :laughing: Congratulations on being done with this round of college applications! IIRC, you have one more child to launch?

1 Like

Definitely!

She tells me she plans to collect teams from across the country, and so she isn’t allowed to have more than one in a single media market. So far she has the Avalanche for hockey and the Dodgers for baseball—so we’ll see whether she adds on the Cowboys or the Mavericks during the next four years.

2 Likes

Huge congrats! I am thrilled for you and your daughter!

6 Likes

I like science and I like to write. Right now I’m thinking of a biology and philosophy double major. (I include a lot of philosophy in my writing). I’m not sure if I’d rather try to go pre med or do a PhD. I’m still up for exploring though I really liked my physics classes in high school.

3 Likes

Congrats! My son will be there as well! Jazz Studies/Guitar performance…yours??? We are coming from CT!

3 Likes

YAY!!! I :green_heart: this!! Go Mean Green!! :eagle:

3 Likes

We are coming from Michigan so we’ll be flying in. I believe we’re going to the one on the 14th.

Yeah, congrats!!!

This is not optional. She WILL become a long-suffering Cowboys fan. Like the rest of us.

4 Likes

I also think the students make a big difference in quality of education. I was a TA for a Dental School course (a pretty prestigious school too), and the professors were lamenting that the quality of students had dropped so much that a number were in danger of failing. So although they didn’t want to, they felt they had to make exams easier. Same professors and course, but now the course was not as rigorous because of the makeup of students.