Parents of the HS Class of 2024

Hope she gets a break and stays healthy. We are seeing lot of virus and covid going on here also.

2 Likes

I think you school takes the award for the most different grading I have heard of :).
Its great that teachers help with AP’s and provide guidance on how to prep for it.

For us AP scores dont impact grade in anyway.

1 Like

This is our school exactly

This also shows why SCOIR and Naviance are so important for some schools.

2 Likes

So much to do in Jr year - establish good impressions with current teachers for LORs too! S’s favorite Math teacher and counselor left the school so it’s back to establishing visibilty with other teachers which will take time because he doesnt market himself at all. He is quiet and lets the work talk. All part of life lessions. Our school is very large so its easier to get lost.

1 Like

Our high school has 2 semesters and both grades are on the transcripts. It’s interesting to read of all the different ways grades can be done.

2 Likes

S24’s marching band season just ended. He now have 28 more hours each week at his disposal :joy:

6 Likes

Finally someone who has similar to our schools :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes we are also close to 1800 students so easy to get lost. Junior year has for sure been learning experience.

Football season ended last week when they lost the playoffs, so a lot more time here too. Of course, S24 has done nothing school related and is also now sick with the plague circulating around.

SAT scores are out now!

3 Likes

Hope he feels better soon!!

1 Like

ugh! hope he recovers quickly!

I hope these kids with crazy Fall schedules remember just how little time they had and are motivated to get bulk of college apps done over Summer. I keep making that point to D24 over and over. We’ll see if she listens…

3 Likes

Yes I am going to tell S24 that the only way he plays a sport in Fall is if can finish a lot of the app work before Sep when the sport starts.

2 Likes

I hope it went well! Mine had a higher score and pretty close to what we were targeting. Overall, it’s good! She’ll take it at school in the spring (required) but otherwise should be done unless something comes up that needs a specific score.

4 Likes

congrats!!

This is totally my goal (prob not S24’s :rofl:). Many of the schools on his current list open apps on 8/1 and have rolling admissions. It would be so excellent if he had an admission or two under his belt. My only concern is his high school will not do anything before September, so unless the schools have SRAR, he will have to complete all but what the school is responsible for sending. But at least his part will be done.

2 Likes

hope he has a speedy recovery!

Probably a dumb question, but do schools know what other schools you apply to? I heard the ivies do, but not sure if this is just a rumor.