3.7 UW/4.5 W
Test optional
OOS
5 AP/5 dual credit/honors classes
Swim team- 14 hrs per week
Freshman mentor
Swim coach

Major Applied to/Accepted: Smeal, Altoona

I believe my daughter was accepted but the portal is down and I donā€™t know which campus she got accepted to. Anyone else have this problem?

1 Like

Yes, same error message. But if you sign into lionpath with same username and password, you should find acceptance letter in Communications tab. Search PSU or Penn State Lionpath online. Good luck!

1 Like

Son received acceptance to alternate campus. He wonā€™t be attending. Iā€™m actually shocked. Applied to Smeal UP

SAT 1400
OOS
4.2 GPA (weighted)
3.95 GPA (unweighted)
7 AP
Tons of extracurricular

Hard to wrap head around all of these schools and how they make decisions. Been accepted with merit money to Auburn, Clemson and Alabama.

Oh no! I am surprised. My son has same GPA with a 1350 SAT. Still havenā€™t heard. Applied to Smeal.

My son was deferred at Clemson :frowning: but accepted at Auburn.

I honestly am shocked. Good luck to your student!

1 Like

My daughter is a senior at Auburn and has had a wonderful experience!

1 Like

Just checked the portal and he got in to UP with summer sessions so heā€™s not too happy about that. My oldest son goes to Clemson. Auburn is looking really good right now. Everyone I talk to loves it there! Plus heā€™s getting merit, which makes it cheaper than in-state tuition at Penn State.

1 Like

War Eagle!

1 Like

That is crazy. Iā€™m sorry. Sounds like he has some great choices! Although believe me I get it still sucks!

2 Likes

SAT: 1350
GPA: 3.97 UW/4.21 W
Number of Honors/AP Courses: 2 AP/ 6Honors
State Residency: PA
Applied date: Early Oct
Applied Early Action: Y
Decision date: 12/10
Major Applied to/Accepted: Business
Decision/College: Accepted to Smeal summer session
Campus applied to/Campus accepted to: UP
Legacy: father

Wondering if anyone can help. My daughter applied to UP and received an acceptance into Smeal last night, but to the Berks campus. It seems odd that they would place someone at Berks early admission rather than defer the application for consideration for Berks? She is not interested in Berks as she wants the big ten college experience. Does anyone have any insight? Was anyone elseā€™s child admitted to Smeal/Berks EA?

We are OOS. Daughter has a 3.8 UW and 30 ACT. Varsity athlete, 9 APs.

2 Likes

Sorry, meant it seems odd that she would be admitted EA to Berks rather than deferred for consideration for UP.

Which campus was your son admitted to? My daughter was admitted to Berks. We are OOS, she has a 3.8 UW, 30 ACT, 9 APs and is a Varsity athlete, state qualifier. PT job, lots of volunteer work and extracurriculars. She does not want to start at Berks, as she wants the big 10 experience. I do not understand why they would not have just deferred her for consideration for admission to Smeal/UP?

1 Like

Same thing happened to my son! 3.9 GPA and honors and aP classes, varsity sport and EC and job and was a student mentor and did not get the UP campus. so disappointed!

Harrisburg campus- which is a no go for him. I would have rather him been deferred to UP. I donā€™t know if there is anything that can be done or not.

2 Likes

We are in the same boat. Smeal/Berks. Would have much preferred a deferral. I am wondering if she should have left a second choice blank? Was that an option?

1 Like

How do you get in to lion path or communication center?

I suppose all happens for a reason- happy for all the kids that do get in and chose to go! We really loved the campus and the tour was fantastic. People were super nice. I donā€™t know how happy it is in the winter though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: