Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Sorry, I should have added that to my post. He applied on Oct 16.

My son sent his first quarter grades directly to the rep. and he added them to hos file.

1 Like

Got accepted last night!! Just a heads up, I received a very quick decision after a change to my major which removed the requirement for a portfolio submission.

FOR ANY GRAPHIC DESIGN APPLICANTS:

I would recommend reviewing the information on the PSU website that details all of the majors in the School of Arts and Architecture and understand the course requirements and common career path for each major. If you find, like I did, that Graphic Design at PSU has a very specific path that didnā€™t align with your goals, you may be better served in a different major that perhaps does not require a portfolio submission.

PLEASE NOTE, this is not a tactic to just get accepted and then change majors when you enroll. It was made clear to me this is not possible. I made the change based on review of the courses and the career focus of the different majors. This was the right choice for me. The benefit was that I was removed from a potentially very small pool of GD candidates who submitted high level art portfolios and put into a pool of candidates who intend to hone their skills at PSU in digital design.

If you are interested I would suggest contacting the A&A school and asking for assistance.

Good luck all!!

6 Likes

What major did you switch to?

Digital Arts and Media Design

Thatā€™s what we are waiting on. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Thanks, makes sense. Since she is in the 1300s, she was strategic in where she sent her scores. Best of luck to your student!

No new missing to buttons today? Nothing hereā€¦.

2 Likes

Nothing missing here either

1 Like

so weird. my daughter emailed the rep and was told they donā€™t look at them so donā€™t send. So much for consistency lol

My son was told the same when he asked

my daughter just got an error message when she logged on. she has logged on a few times today successfully with the TO button still there but now she is getting an error message? has that happened to anyone else?

This gives me hope as my daughter has about the same stats and also from MD. 4.3 W/ 3.71 UW, TO.

1 Like

This are similar to my dd also out of state test optional

1 Like

I have been getting the error message at times. Usually it resolves itself within a couple of hours. Try a different browser - worked on Edge but not on Chrome at one point for me. Maybe this is part of the scheduled maintenance they have posted on their admissions page. Basically we can all take a break from checking the portal from 8am tomorrow until 8pm Sunday while they maintain the site.

I believe the site is down for 24 hours. According to my daughter anyway

There is a maintenance scheduled now.

Yes, it begins tomorrow at 8am.

Woke up today to application decision is being updated. Then it has information for admitted students and there are 3 links to accessible documents. 1) guide for students offered admission; 2) overview of costs and student aid; 3) Accepted student program visits.

Does anyone else have this?

You have been accepted! We had that. Go into the first doc (guide to accepted students) find the link to LionPath portal, login to that portal and go into communications. You will find the acceptance letter there. Congrats!

2 Likes