Penn State's Penalty and the Future of Miami Football

<p>Anyone have any opinions? I am under the impression that our penalty will not be as severe, but I'm hoping the severity of Penn State's penalty will not be a bad omen for what will happen to us. What do you guys think?</p>

<p>I just really hope I get to see our football team reach some level of success during my time there. The attendance figures and seeing the stands half-empty just makes me sad. :(</p>

<p>RoKr93- Miami fans are strange. First of all, with such a small student population (as compared to FSU and UF) many of the fans you will see at the stadium are locals who like UM football. If they are good, then the stadium fills. If not- then it just looks pretty dismal. In 1980 we (students) used to go to the football games and consdered it to be a small and pretty intimate thing. When they started winning (a year or two after) we wondered where all of the “fans” came from. This was the old Orange Bowl, which was smaller. </p>

<p>Univ. of Southern California experiences the same phenomenon- it is just the way it is for a small private university in a major city. I am hoping UMiami football rises again- soon. :)</p>