Please reverse chance me, I am a high school senior who is considering taking a gap year because I am not happy with my college results

You have great stats and great admittances. Congratulations on all the hard work that is now paying off! I definitely wouldn’t take a gap year at this point. You may well get into a nursing program at a school you’ve already applied to, or get in later on (and you could always transfer if you decide nursing is for you and you don’t get entry at the college of your choice).

Quoting myself from a different thread, here’s another possibility to consider:

This would be in a warm climate and would be well within your budget (and is still taking applications). I’m not sure if it’s direct admit, but it appears as though you only need a 2.8 GPA to advance in the program. With your current stats you would qualify for the Magnolia Scholarship which has an out-of-state waiver plus $2400/year for tuition for 4 years and $5000/year for 2 years for housing. If you’re able to boost your SAT score to a 1420 then you would get the Live Oak scholarship for $2600/year for tuition and $10,800/year for room & board (appears to be all 4 years for both) plus have the option of a campus work-study job. Tuition & fees is by the credit hour, but if you took 17 credits/semester then your tuition & fees would be $11,600 minus the amount covered by the scholarship.

Best of luck to you!

1 Like