Political science and multiply foreign languages?

Hi, I’m a current high school junior and I am thinking about what I want to do in college. I want to major in political science and I am very passionate about foreign language. I’ve been taking French and Spanish for 3 years now and I am very interested in learning German. I was wondering if I could possibly double major in political science and German and minor in Spanish and French or just major in political science and minor in the rest? Would it be too much work? Thanks!

1 Like

Also if it means I don’t graduate in 4 years that’s fine by me. Thanks for your help!

multiple*

Why not just keep taking classes in all three? Minors and Majors in foreign languages tend to be more centered around the culture than the actual language (you get proficiency in the language and then learn about the culture).

Some schools offer majors in Combined Languages. So you get to learn 2 languages for one major.

Check out Clark University in Worcester, MA. They offer such major… You get to choose two from: Spanish, French, Chinese, Japanese, German, Latin, Greek, and Hebrew.

There might be more schools that offer this option.

1 Like