Posse Scholarship- Ask Away!

@gk1733 I just heard that I am a Posse finalist and my interview is on November 15th. Can you please tell me everything like everything you remember about the third round?
Please.

Can you please tell us as many information as you possibly can?

Thank you

#Ineedthis_scholarship

What city are you in? Exciting!

D.C. You?

How long after your second round interviews did you hear back that you were a finalist? I just had mine last week…

about a month

@Betsi if you look through this thread, I’ve basically said everything I remember about the final interview. I’ll answer any questions you have if you have any but I don’t wanna type out what I’ve already said on here!

@gk1733 can you please tell us about the whole activity starting from the very beginning till the end. I mean like in terms of the activities, the games you guys played, what the judges really look for, how to act and how not to act, if our SAT scores really matter and you know all those kinds of things. THANKS!!!

@gk1733 do you know if they send out rejection emails too or do you just never receive an email with a yes?

@totallystressed1234 they send a letter in the mail as a rejection, but I didn’t get mine until almost a week after the interview.

@Elionnahom Not to sound annoying or anything but if you look through this thread I’ve said everything we did in the third round interview and what we did, the questions we were asked, and the extent to which SAT scores matter

No, that doesn’t sound annoying at all, I’m the annoying one. I guess I’m just anxious, that’s why. Thank you very much for the info.

@Elionnahom not at all! Let me know if you have specific questions because I’ll totally help you out, I just didn’t feel like repeating old stuff I’ve said :slight_smile:

@Elionnahom what school are you a veterans Posse finalist for? I am a bit perplexed here because it seems they released your finalist status before my group even conducted first round interviews. So I wonder if they send a set number or proportion from each location to the finalist round

@gk1733 , the interview is for like four and a half hours, what did you guys do all that time? Just questions and one activity? Can you please briefly tell us what you guys did from the beginning til the end? Thanks!

@Elionnahom when it first started, representatives from the college talked and introduced themselves. We also did an icebreaker-type activity after that, where we went around the room and tried to find people who had done things on a list (like played a certain instrument) or something, but it was informal and pretty clear it wasn’t really part of the interview. Then we sat back down and said the names we had found for certain categories. Some people who had really outstanding/rare activities were specifically singled out in this activity, but for the most part I don’t think it had a lot of weight in the final decision. We then did the questions round, which I know I talked about more in detail, but that took up most of the time because the people who asked questions rotated. We then did the group activity that I also talked about earlier. After that we had a Q&A type thing where we asked the representatives from the school any questions we had about the school (which you would think seems counter-productive because we had already signed an ED contract for the school)

@gk1733 , now I get it. Thank u very much and God bless!

Has anyone heard from Posse Los Angles about finalist spots? They said we would hear this week.

Hi Finalist. Posse Chicago…what can I expect in the final interview?

@Rosie@Posee hay im in Chicago posse too what school are you up for?