Possibly Get Admission Rescinded?

<p>I got in Colorado College Early Action this year, but I really screwed up this semester. My grades are an A in Art Honors, A in AP Comparative Government, A or B in English (don't know final grade yet), B in AP Calc, B in AP Art History, but a D in Physics. </p>

<p>I'm so worried about that stupid D! I don't know how I let it get so bad and I take full responsibility for it. But I was wondering if Colorado College would rescind my application based on that? If anyone has any comments, opinions, or know of some situations similar to mine that have been resolved I would appreciate it so much. Thanks!</p>

<p>Do everything possible to get that D up to a C by the end of the year and keep your other grades up. If your final semester grade is a D, I suspect you will recieve a letter from admissions asking for an explanation and informing you that your application will be reevaluated by the admissions committee. Take the letter seriously and provide them with a prompt and thoughtful written response. Over the years I have heard of two similar situations second hand. One was not revoked…one was.</p>

<p>When you get accepted, the letter says its contingent on you maintain or exceeding the GPA you were accepted with. Does the D actually lower your GPA?</p>

<p>Yeah my GPA was dramatically lower. I actually spoke with my counselors and even though my teacher said he wouldn’t change my grade, the counselors worked with like the vice principals or something and they changed it into a C for me. Thanks for replying and helping me out though!</p>

<p>:) good luck! though honestly, if its the only bad grade, im sure if you just explain you won’t be rescinded (assuming they can’t change it much)</p>