Post Office Alert

<p>RobD…I have the sheet from when my D registered for her PO Box during Bama Bound and it says that they now accept mail/packages from ALL vendors including FedX and UPS you just must use the following address:</p>

<p>Student Name
104 Ferguson Ctr #123456 (actual number of PO Box)
Tuscaloosa, AL 35486</p>

<p>I have already sent a few things to her via UPS and she had no problem getting them w/ this address.</p>

<p>Hope this helps clarify. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. Ihave the sheet w/ me.</p>

<p>The Ferg post office has an alternate address that can be used to send packages that can’t be sent to PO boxes.</p>

<p><student’s name="">
104 Ferguson Center #<student’s po="" box="" #="">
Tuscaloosa, AL 35486</student’s></student’s></p>

<p>As always, you guys are the bomb dot com :wink:
Thanks!</p>

<p>I have successfully sent ups and usps to sons po box already. Just use the address as the 2 previous posters provided.</p>

<p>Sent from my DROID RAZR using CC</p>

<p>Below is the lame response I got when I filed a complaint online. So much for customer service. Instead of facilitating my request, they put it back on me to take it further.</p>

<p>Dear Customer,</p>

<p>Thank you for contacting the United States Postal Service.</p>

<p>As a service organization, we strive for excellence and ensure every customer is served in a timely manner. I am not sure of their staffing in Alabama. You can contact the Alabama Consumer Affairs Office at 205-521-0822.</p>

<p>Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.</p>

<p>Cherise L. Hawkins
Consumer Affairs Associate</p>

<p>An additional reason is it takes more than three days for a package to travel 150 miles using Priority! Apparently the package is being sorted and resorted and sorted again in Birmingham…has been there since Tuesday evening! Looks like D won’t get her birthday package (tomorrow) until next week! I do not like that students can’t get packages on Saturdays!</p>

<p>me either, bamamomof3. If just one of the locations, Paty or Ferg would distribute packages on Sat, that would be nice. Maybe that is a change that will happen with the new mail system.</p>

<p>MY son said the lines at Ferg were still very long.</p>

<p>As I’ve stated previously, I’m lucky to live in areas where USPS meets or exceeds its service commitments. The only time I’ve a majorly delayed Priority Mail package, the package was sent to the regional distribution center 50 miles away and then was resent to Denver only to arrive back in the same location a couple days later. Given how many packages and envelopes USPS handles each day, some things will be misdirected or otherwise delayed. </p>

<p>I try to walk by the Ferg Post Office every day and notice that USPS is at least having 2 extra hours’ worth of help each day as the employee who normally leaves at 2:00 PM has been there at 3:30 PM the last two days.</p>

<p>Its nice that they are accepting packages for UPS and Fedex…??? They don’t seem to be able to handle USPS packages expeditiously, regardless of the reasons. What a shame. I’m sure everyone there is doing their best. My son ended up canceling some of his Amazon book orders and buying at the sup.store. Considerably more money but no question about when he would be able to get his purchase. Lesson learned. Curious to see how the University intends to handle P.O. services next year. </p>

<p>Sea-tide: as always, thank you for your informative replies.</p>

<p>Just a heads up that Fedex Ground does not recognize the 35486 Ferg Post Office zip code. I attempted to send a large storage bin of stuff to my son’s P.O. Box and included the 104 Ferguson Ctr. street address but Fedex would not register the zip. I had to change the address and send it to Paty instead with no problems. As an aside, I found Fedex Ground to be cheaper to mail heavier items (35 lbs). For 2-day ground, I paid $34 Fedex vs. $52 USPS. </p>

<p>Son was lucky to wait “only” a half hour at the Post Office today to retrieve his packages and Amazon textbooks. Given all the complaints posted, he was ready for disappointment but was pleased to have gotten everything.</p>

<p>We found fedex cheaper too. Those boxes went to Paty before move in without a problem. </p>

<p>Sent from my DROID RAZR using CC</p>