Prescreen Video Recording Resources DIY

<p>Bumping one let time, then will let this one go.</p>

<p>No, don’t let this one go!! We were planning to record prescreens last weekend, but due to D very bad cold, we’re rescheduling. I keep referencing this thread to reassure myself that I know what I’m doing.</p>

<p>We bought the Rode external mic for our Sony Handycam and we were very pleased with the results. Much better depth of tone f that makes any sense. Break a leg to all and don’t stress too much!</p>

<p>I agree with Divamamacita - make sure the videos are good quality and you follow the rules of each school. Can’t wait to start seeing positive results for everyone!</p>

<p>^ Can’t wait to see the results!! BAL!!!</p>

<p>D is going to Moonifieds so most prescreens will be either waived, or live. Anyone else going to Moonies?</p>

<p>addicted2MT, we’re going to Moonifieds too, I thought she sent a note saying that prescreens had to be submitted before an audition could be scheduled. I could be completely wrong, I have been so stressed with all of this. What info do you have?</p>

<p>@rittlette - I have been away from CC for a few days, crazy busy!!! Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. With regards to Moonifieds and prescreens, each school is handling it differently. If you read each school’s prerequisites for Moonies on your student’s dashboard, it lists the audition requirements per school, whether there is an audition fee, and whether the academic application needs to be submitted before Moonifieds or not. According to my spreadsheet (but please do not take my word, check for yourself so you have peace of mind) the only two schools attending Moonifieds that are still requiring that digital prescreens be uploaded are Pace and Texas State. All of the others who are attending (that require prescreens this year) are either waving the prescreen if you are attending Moonifieds, or treating Moonifieds as a live prescreen in lieu of having to upload a digital version. Hope this helps!</p>

<p>We’re moonifieds alum, but what addicted2MT said about those two schools.^^ Last year Pace was a final audition and Tx State was a live prescreen, but both still wanted the digital prescreen. I’m sure it helps them to have the prescreen for reference.</p>

<p>My d is also a “moonie” and I think that addicted2MT has it right, but you should always check and re-check everything for yourself.</p>

<p>^^Definitely! I found that there’s no such thing as checking too much no matter how much your child tries to say that you are!!</p>