Promys 2021

Btw when I say “no outside sources even though I could have and that wouldn’t have been cheating” that means research in books or websites, obviously not other people since that is cheating.

If we wanted to update our application with new awards or something, is there an email we can send to? Or can we not update at all

I think send it to promys@bu.edu

Let me know if they respond because I sent something there and they never responded.

1 Like

It seems they accept updates since they responded to me

Yeah, they just replied to me too.

1 Like

Does anyone know the decision date? Thanks!

Around the first week of May unless you asked for an early decision

I asked them for an early decision about a week ago because I got accepted somewhere else I wanted to attend (but PROMYS is my first choice). They said that they couldn’t inform me of my decision early: “Unfortunately, we cannot inform you of a decision early. We are still in the process of reviewing applications. We don’t expect to release decisions until the first week in May.”
But from their reply, it’s VERY VERY unlikely I got in… CRY
Just wondering, what year are you guys in (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior). I’m a freshman btw (haha hope this question doesn’t sound too creepy)…

Congrats, though! What’s the other program you got accepted to?

Did you guys hear that there will be a PROMYS India in 2022?

Dude you’re from US, why do you care about PROMYS India?

Yeah, but there are some people who might be interested.

I got my decision today…did anyone else apply last year also?

Damn. Did you get the iff condition for the monkey grid problem?

Yeah, I generalized it for any $n by n$ grid lol. It was pretty easy I guess

How did you get your decision? No one else got? You asked for early decision?

I mean did you find exactly all n such that nxn is possible

PROMYS Europe lol

Yeah I found all naturals n satisfying the conditions. There are very few though (very very few)