Providence College Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Son was admitted with ZERO merit. 99 average, Class President, Eagle Scout and 3 sport varsity athlete. Didn’t submit Test scores.

1 Like

My son has high stats as well, no merit. Wondering whether Providence is worth the 75K?

1 Like

Same here, my son was admitted with similar high stats, no merit at all. Not sure it’s worth the price and debt. It says on their website less than 30 % of students receive merit and it is only if your GPA is 4.0 unweighted

My older son goes to Providence. Its a great school and kids up there are very nice as well. Luckily, there are other very good schools in the Northeast. We heard from Fairfield ($28K) and Loyola ($29K) this week and they will now come into play. Very few families (mine included) can afford full price at any of these schools and I would not let my son borrow what it would take to pay full price.

2 Likes

Agree 100%

Hi, are ED2 decisions expected to be released today? If so, what time?

1 Like

I am hoping so! We have been waiting patiently. Said by end Feb but I’m hoping tonight. Have you heard anything?

1 Like

Not yet. Please post if you receive any communications from PC today. Good luck!

Did you get yours tonight? We did and he’s in! Yay!!

I was asking for a friend and her child was accepted too! Congrats!!

1 Like

Same!