Purdue Acceptance

Why is it so easy to get into Purdue but still ranked top 10 in engineering?

Purdue is a huge state flagship and you apply by major. So some low ranked Purdue program may have an acceptance rate of 90%, while engineering may have an acceptance rate of 20-30%. Even then, the weeding out for engineers in first year is huge, so second year and third year engineering students are a lot lower in proportion. The weeding out is so intense that other programs (such as the College of Science, where I am) are also weeded out as many classes are the same.

Compared to its peers, they tend to be smaller schools that use admissions as their weed out (MIT, Caltech) or are not the state flagship (Gerogia Tech).

Hey guys,

i am from colombia and would like to be part of the Purdue’s women tennis team.

i have recently applied to Purdue for spring 2017, i am undecided about what major choose, so i decided to start with exploratory estudies,i have not been admitted yet , that’s why i am wondering if my grades are going to be enough to be admitted at Purdue, My TOEFL score is 90 and my SAT is 1020 ( reading 500, math 520 ), also my High school GPA is 3.44 , Do you think these scores are good enough to be admitted? considering that i will be part of the tennis team.

i would appreciate your help with this issue

Thanks guys