Purdue University Acceptances - Class of 2025

Accepted with the presidential scholarship

OOS female
4.1 W 3.89UW
1450 SAT
200+ community service hours
Many extracurriculars including a paid job for two years and state finalist varsity swimming all three years (not this year cause of Covid)
Good teacher recs and letters

1 Like

Congrats ! No merit is no indication of your daughters scores Purdue is very tight on merit scholarships . This is our second child’s college process and no they are both high test scorers, AP’s and top in class and neither offered merit for instate . My oldest got huge offers out of state , we will see how it shakes out for our son this time around . He would be 4th generation Purdue but we will see, so far he has offers every place else except Purdue

Perhaps purdue’s yield protection? I got deferred with similar stats, OOS and CS too :frowning:

All Engineering applicants are accepted into First Year Engineering. Transition to Major happens at the end of Freshman year and is subject to specific GPA requirements. If a specific engineering “major” was requested on the application, it was informational only.

1 Like

They do offer schols to OOS

Did the offer letter explicitly state the name of the major (computer science)?

There are some other posts here that state the offer letter did mention the name of the engineering major on the offer letter. Can you clarify?

Did the offer letter say “The Purdue University Admissions Committee is pleased to offer you admission to First Year Engineering in the College of Engineering at West Lafayette for Fall 2021” (OR) did it also include the name of the major (comp engg, in your case) on the offer letter? My Son’s offer letter mentioned FYE only and not comp engg (his only choice was comp engg on the application) and hence my question

No reference to major, got a similar letter as your son’s. Was stating I plan to major in comp eng. I know the major is based on first year academic performance.

Thank You

Yes for BS-computer science they do offer direct admission Bcoz it’s part of college of science
As CS is not part of college of engineering

This is first paragraph of the letter

“Congratulations! The Purdue University Admissions Committee is pleased to offer you admission to Computer Science in the College of Science at West Lafayette for Fall 2021.”

1 Like

Thank You for your response

1 Like

Son Accepted FYE
In-state,
trustee scholarship

5 Likes

Thanks, to you too! I am going to have my son watch some of the videos and really think about this one but I suspect this is what he’ll be doing. It looks pretty challenging but it’s such a unique program and seems to fit his skills and interests. We’re still waiting on Florida/FSU and potential $$ from a few other schools but based on S16’s four years of Purdue, I am thinking this is where he ends up. I saw there is a learning community for IBE as well so that’s also great. Let’s talk offline sometime if they both end up committing–maybe we can put them in touch.

1 Like

My son was accepted into his second choice Exploratory Studies (for undecided students), but not for his first choice of Cybersecurity with Purdue Polytechnic.

He is in state and does not appear to have earned any merit based scholarships because none are listed in his letter. He is receiving a grant from the State of Indiana for the Child of a Disabled Veteran that should take care of his tuition and general fees so that helps a lot.

Congratulations to all who were accepted!!

2 Likes

Daughter accepted BioChem
Instate
Received Trustees
4.0/4.6 W
35 ACT
National merit (should be finalist)
13 AP’s ( all 4 and 5’s)
Excellent EC’s including research and ISEF and JSHS

6 Likes

S21 put exploratory studies as his major, so yeah it did mention the major in his acceptance letter.

Female, OOS
Date Applied: 10/30/2020
Date Accepted: 1/15/2021
Major Applied: Computer Science(CS)
GPA (weighted ): 4.35
School does not provide unweighted GPA
Class rank: 1/498
SAT/ACT score- Not provided
AP Statistics - 5
AP Chemistry - 4
AP Physics1 - 4
AP Calculus BC - 5
AP Computer science principles - 4(Self Study)
AP Computer Science A - 5
AP Macroeconomics - 5
AP Microeconomics - 5

Planned for Senior year:
AP English language and composition
AP Psychology
AP Physics-C - Mechanics(Self Stydy)
AP Physics-C - Electriciy and Magnetism(Self Study )

Dual enrollment:
Calculus 3
Differential equation
Linear Algebra
Analytical physics I and II with lab

Extracurricular activities - Captain in a girl’s coding club, member at NHS, and Tech tutoring elderly in technology.

1 Like

That is some great stats. Where else have you applied and where else have you got in? Looks like trying to decide where to go is going to be equally or more harder than where to apply. :slight_smile:

OOS
First choice CS rejected,
second choice data science accepted

3.87 uw/4.53w (messed up freshman year and upward trend)
7 APs til junior year
3 Aps & dual enrollment senior year
1500 sat
Pretty good EC with leadership positions.

Is it much much harder to get in CS compared to DS? Disappointed about not getting into first choice but still happy to study DS