Purdue University Acceptances - Class of 2025

Yes I just checked their website–I guess he didn’t get one of those at this point but maybe something will come later–he did apply by 11/1. Thanks!

what were your ECs

Wow that is crazy…

My son was accepted to First Year Engineering in the College of Engineering
OOS
GPA 4.67 weighted
SAT 1460 (no essay)
Rigorous courseload - all AP and Honors classes; lots of volunteer work; employed since age 15.
Its my understanding that Purdue doesn’t award merit $ to OOS applicants, not sure if that’s true. His acceptance letter referenced “financial aid” info going out in mid-February.

2 Likes

My son was OOS and got 10K in merit

3 Likes

Those who applied by 11/1 (EA deadline) were automatically considered for university-wide merit scholarships. There was also a supplemental scholarship app due 12/15 that our kid forgot about despite my constant reminders as she juggled 6 applications. They were for specific colleges and as a nursing major, she should have done the one for the college of health and human sciences. They listed the colleges included for this as: Education, H&HS, Management and Polytechnic Institute.

The FAFSA is for need based aid. We don’t qualify for a penny, unfortunately. And was really hoping for some merit aid.

S21 accepted into exploratory studies/unspecified major, 3.97 UWGPA, 4.25 WGPA, 4 APs (three 5s and one 4) with 2 more AP in the senior year, 1540 SAT (one sitting), 1560 superscore, 800 MATH2, NMSF, varsity soccer, paid job for 2 years, OOS (CA), WITH Presidential Scholarship 10K. This is our first acceptance and so very happy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My son was OOS too and received 10K presidential award.

2 Likes

Accepted for Computer Science
International Student from India

2 Likes

accepted!!

out of state
major admitted: neurobiology & physiology
3.5 GPA uw (school doesn’t do w)
full ib student with 3 HLs
test optional
kinda okay ecs

2 Likes

Accepted into pharmacy!!
OOS
GPA: 4.00 UW 4.95 W
No SAT/ACT
Recieved Trustee scholarship

3 Likes

Son accepted FYE.
Oos Louisiana
ACT 35
SAT subject test 800 math level 2 and Chemistry
GPA 4.3
Will finish with 11 APs

No merit

4 Likes

@Suave123 Congratulations! Was Exploratory Studies S21’s first choice? We have a similar outcome (ES was second choice) but no scholarship.

S21’s stats: 1590 SAT, GPA: 3.88/4.36; 8 APs (all 5s), several post-APs. CS courses for 3+ years at magnet high school. Leadership ECs.
First choice was CS, Second choice ES. Got into second choice. No merit.

D was accepted into College of Liberal Arts instate.
3.98 GPA unweighted
5 AP, 1 IB
1280 SAT

No merit awarded, but we didn’t expect any $ because of her low SAT score. :slight_smile:

Many volunteer hours, president of her show choir, president of Project Sunshine club, executive board of student government, NHS, K8 mentor, top 10 student fundraiser for Riley Dance Marathon (past 2 years), student diversity club, 4 class awards

Her dad and I went to Purdue and our sons went IU route, so we are very happy! Boiler Up!

1 Like

Yes ES was his first choice. Thanks and congratulations to your son too!

Accepted for Psychology!!
No merit though.
15 year old international student
4.0 UW GPA
Test-optional
10 APs

1 Like

Son accepted into Krannert (finance)
3.6 weighted
32 ACT
excellent activities

1 Like

If you apply for 2 majors, do they only consider your second choice after you are rejected for your first choice? Let’s say you are deferred for your first choice, do they then only consider your second choice if you get rejected during the regular round of decisions?

how were you deferred? That makes no sense :frowning:

Accepted
In state female
Major: Interior Design-Professional Program
3.16 UW GPA
1220 SAT/27 ACT
Really good essay
Glowing recommendation letters
Great extracurriculars and accomplishments/leadership, especially in sports

Honestly have absolutely no idea how I got in. I was 100% sure I wouldn’t make it and was genuinely shocked that I got in, especially with my GPA

3 Likes